Y'all saying you hate cliche stories and want new stories but yet no one supports small authors

I’m a ‘small’ author and since doing read for reads, I have found some stories that are far better and far more unique than the stuff that ends up popular.
My problem isn’t so much with the people that don’t support or read the stories of small authors or authors just starting out (since they were probably all small authors to begin with), it’s with Episode not doing enough to encourage or promote new stories from authors just starting out. Some of the stories I have read have been hidden gems and far superior to the crap that Episode shoves in your face, but the authors of said stories will either never get noticed or it’ll take years for them to get noticed. But if these stories worth reading got the attention they deserved, Episode could make more money from them. Instead of flooding the app with the same cliche rubbish time after time which eventually gets tiresome, more interest from a varied audience could could bring more people to the app. People that don’t want the bad boy, pregnant by so-and-so, gang member trash that represents the app so strongly.

7 Likes