Y'all why was this rejected?

Well i’m not sure if they’d have a problem with the pose bc I’ve seen MANY stories with the same thing (War dogs, e.t.c) and they only listed “blood and gore” as the reason for rejection. That would suck if that was the case because then I made you go and do that all for nothing :pensive:

3 Likes

:rofl: maybe make the blood a little bit less realistic? It might be too gory or whatever for episode

1 Like

lol if episode thinks thats “gorey” then maybe they’re just sensitive bc i’ve seen a women’s public restroom more “gorey” than the overlay I uploaded, :woman_shrugging:t4:

but anywho I reuploaded it with smaller amounts of blood hopefully that works.

1 Like

Try removing the blood and using a blood overlay instead

:sparkles:Carrie :sparkles: is typing. :eyes:

In my opinion, the blood makes it look more authentic. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Well, now I’m convinced you should make him bleed glitter.

2 Likes

Lmao… :sparkles:
I had uploaded a cover for my story a few days back and it got rejected. Wait! There wasn’t a trace of blood, gore, guns, explosives, just a black coloured belt. But I think some blind bitch mistook it for a gun :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Omg wth

2 Likes

ikr, i mean is an agent/cop supposed to go around wearing gowns and fancy stuff!? :joy:

3 Likes

Like @EliseC said, it’s unlikely that it’s just one part of it. It’s more the entire image all together. This is a PG13 app and so there is limitations here to what will be accepted. There have been art scenes rejected for being too violent before when there wasn’t much blood, due to the rest of the image taken into consideration too.
You have a lot going on there.
There’s a dead body, blood on her hand(s) and her body, blood on his body and blood on his hand too, then the weapon as well it is a little too much in their standard violence rules. Try removing the blood from their hands if it isn’t accepted, and maybe open his eyes? So he’s dying rather than dead?

2 Likes

Thing is overlays like these do approve

2 Likes

i swear next they’re going to reject overlays with tears because “its too emotional” for a PG13 app. like ffs.

Honestly I had to zoom into see the pic clearly(I wear glasses and didn’t have them on at the moment), but it could be either the blade on his side leg or the blood in the mouth. Most likely the blade on his side?..does anyone agree? Correct me if I’m wrong open to criticism

1 Like

The blade is part from his clothes though, I don’t really know why’d they reject it.

1 Like

True your right that’s why I don’t understand why it’s rejected, but that’s dope art tho. I love it

1 Like

Thank you :pleading_face: :heart:

1 Like

Your welcome

I don’t know about that. I know many people upload blood separately and use more than needed in some cases in the story, and it isn’t picked up on. But I’m not informed enough about entire scenes being overlays and being approved.

Actually, there are 9 and 10 year olds that unfortunately have access to the app. Which of course is bound to happen as there is nothing to stop them downloading it. So I think it’s just more of covering their bases to keep potentially harmful scenes from those that slip through the net.

No matter what, there will always be content that gets approved for some people, when for others it’s a little more of an issue, because its a team that does the approvals, some of it is up to perception I guess.

Whilst to me, I see nothing more than pixel characters with red splodges on them (no offence meant there, just referring to them being fake characters and fake blood.) And have no issue with the scene, I think they see it is too graphic for what’s needed.

Im not sure I get why it would be hard to spend time on it and make it look good. The pose there is good, the idea is good. It just needs a little less blood. People will still get the idea.

2 Likes

I completely understand that, but at the same time Episode is allowing toxic tropes and romanticizing things they shouldn’t, including violent ones. Again, 9 and 10 year olds aren’t stupid, they’ve seen blood before and being exposed to a fake pixel character dying isn’t harming them at all because it’s not the same thing as romanticizing mafia leaders and telling them to go do drugs. Another point, trigger warnings exist.

Hell, I put trigger warnings if there’s even a LITTLE blood in the next scene. That’s literally the entire point of those warnings. Warnings for mature themes and strong language no longer serve a purpose when every “mature theme” gets rejected.

The characters look good thou-:raised_hand:t5::eyes:
And u should deffo send in a ticket.

1 Like