You can ask your questions here!

or you can also do script templates.

1 Like

Ok, What’s that?

It helps you with some spot directing. There are some people that are awesome at script templates.

1 Like

Aha okey Thats awesome! :smiley: Thanks!

I don’t know how to make my characters hug, I tried a tutorial and it just made it look like they were hugging two completely different things. Please help, Im a starter writer and Im very confused.

no problem episode fwend :slight_smile:

1 Like

@CHARACTER 1 spot 1.182 220 0 and CHARACTER 1 faces right and CHARACTER 1moves to layer 1
@CHARACTER 2 1.280 200 100 and CHARACTER 2 faces right and CHARACTER 2moves to layer 2
@CHARACTER 1 spot 1.182 156 -9
@CHARACTER 2 spot 1.280 195 -29

@CHARACTER 1 starts hug_neutral
@ CHARACTER 2 hug_neutral_loop_rear

Yay! we’ve reached the 100 replies mark!!

1 Like

hi! it’s a really helpful topic. I also have a question. I’m trying to write a story but I’m stuck
my character is standing and walks to another spot and he is carrying a box .example
@JONAH walks to spot 0.837 142 201 in 3 AND JONAH does it while idle_carry_box
but instead of walking my character slid from one spot to another. I also use another code. example
@JONAH walks to spot 0.837 142 201 in 3 AND JONAH is idle_carry_box
but still, the same result

I’m not the person who created this thread but here’s a link if your still need it.

@Helena94

try @JONAH walks to spot 0.837 142 201 in 3 AND JONAH does it while walk_carry_box
or whatever the INK version for that is :slight_smile: @ayeshanouman

1 Like

Just have a walk command instead of a idle command. @ayeshanouman

1 Like

@Windy1356 thanks a lot.: smile:
it worked

you’re welcome my episode fwend :slight_smile:

:smile:

Do you have any advices on how to keep track of characters points?

For example, my protagonist had the chance to be either nice or mean to some character during the first 3 episodes (and therefore losing and gaining points with characters) . And now I want them to act different around her. The thing is that I have no idea of where to put the “number bar”
Like, Should CHARACTER2 be mean if he has <2 or should I do it at <10 ?

I would suggest using if/elif/else for that.

1 Like

I’m not your person to ask :joy::joy: I only use if elif else I’m sorry :sneezing_face:

1 Like

Check out: The Points System
You can keep track of the points how you’d like

Can use a readerMessage: Reader Messages / Text Effects Guide Updates to show points being gained, can keep track of them in your notebook as you play your story.

Then you can reset story progress:HOW TO: Reset Story Progress + Bonus Stuff :blob_sun: to test other paths

1 Like