You can ask your questions here!

you’re welcome my episode fwend :slight_smile:

:smile:

Do you have any advices on how to keep track of characters points?

For example, my protagonist had the chance to be either nice or mean to some character during the first 3 episodes (and therefore losing and gaining points with characters) . And now I want them to act different around her. The thing is that I have no idea of where to put the “number bar”
Like, Should CHARACTER2 be mean if he has <2 or should I do it at <10 ?

I would suggest using if/elif/else for that.

1 Like

I’m not your person to ask :joy::joy: I only use if elif else I’m sorry :sneezing_face:

1 Like

Check out: The Points System
You can keep track of the points how you’d like

Can use a readerMessage: Reader Messages / Text Effects Guide Updates to show points being gained, can keep track of them in your notebook as you play your story.

Then you can reset story progress:HOW TO: Reset Story Progress + Bonus Stuff :blob_sun: to test other paths

1 Like

:blob_hearts: Jem u rock girl

I see! Thank you so much!!
(If I may ask though, what is your favorite method for keeping track of points?)

I use a notebook. And list the points I’ve gained. You can set up a chart and write the characters names. Use a pencil to set the point to 0 for each of them. As you gain or lose a point, you can erase the 0 and add a different number. If you check out how to reset story progress, there’s a place where the characters are listed and their points. Ýou can manually set these numbers to get a scene you desire.

And thanks but I suck :vampire:

1 Like

Oh that is actually very helpful!! Thank you so much :sob::heart::heart:

1 Like

Hi so i’m struggling a bit, i’m new so yeah.

Basically my character is currently in the bed i’ve done,

INT. TEEN SISTER’S BEDROOM - DAY

@ MELISSA spot 0.8 190 388 in zone 2 AND MELISSA faces left AND MELISSA is idle_lay_groggy_eyesclosed_loop

And i want them to stand up and walk to the centre but i don’t know how to make it look right or what spot to do, please help aha. x

walk to the center of what?

also make sure there isn’t a space between MELISSA and the @ sign.

like in the centre of the screen if that makes sense?

i know lmao i thought it was gonna @ someone

that makes total sense. im making a template for you.

really? thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

you’re welcome :slight_smile:

INT. TEEN SISTER’S BEDROOM - DAY
@MELISSA spot 0.8 190 388 in zone 2 AND MELISSA faces left AND MELISSA is idle_lay_groggy_eyesclosed_loop
@cut to zone 3
@MELISSA is idle_lay_awake_rubeyes_loop
@pause for a beat
@MELISSA spot 0.916 79 255 and MELISSA is idle_sit_anklescrossed_neutral_loop
@pause for a beat
@MELISSA spot 0.916 77 176 and MELISSA is transition_sit_to_stand
&pan to zone 2 in 3
@MELISSA walks to spot 0.987 169 137 in zone 2 in 3

that’s my template for you :slight_smile: @glossier