You can only mention 2 users in a post

has anyone else gotten the “you can only mention 2 users in a post” error?? it’s really frustrating for a few different things. i first got it yesterday when i was trying to send a template to someone and i was using @'s and i used a bunch and it said i can only do 2 which is annoying because it is a private message. i also have an art shop in which i tag the members in and i was just editing the post to add someone and i got the same error again, and to save it i had to remove all the @'s. it’s really annoying and i also just recently started getting it. i haven’t been able to find any other posts on it so i thought i’d make this so hopefully it can get fixed/changed.

6 Likes

Yeah, mine’s the same. I’ve seen other users affected too so it looks like it’s a new rule.
I wouldn’t be surprised if this has been implemented due to spam and unwanted tagging.

It’d be easier if we got a notification every time we’re tagged asking if we want it removed or not or even the option on thread to remove our tags from the thread or not since most people actually want to be tagged for certain things that they find relevant to what they like or can help with.

8 Likes

Yeah, Episode Forums adding the new restriction where 2 people max, are only allowed to be tagged both in private or public due to the spam tagging people have been constantly complaining about.

It sucks. I hate it :blob_hearts:

5 Likes

Yh it’s annoying and the worst update to grace the forums imo (no hate to people who implemented it as a solution, I can understand why since spam tags drive ppl mad but I do feel tons of hate toward this update) :pensive: Art shops and review threads, people who need to keep track of requests and love helping out the community have been hit pretty hard and it’s unfair that they didn’t ask for any input from the community on what they’d like seen done which is frustrating (no post on this aside from users agitated by that message popping up when they tag more than 2 people) :slightly_frowning_face:
To solve the tagging issue, I’m putting together a doc (extra work for me, yay :joy: :lol: )

11 Likes

I think it has something to do with the rants in other threads avt how people want to stop being tagged, or whatever. It’s really inconvenient.

2 Likes

yes I was doing R4Rs and I had 2 lists a completed list and a waiting list, it said I could only tag 2 people the last time I updated it, although I tagged one point everyone, I thought it was weird.

1 Like

they probably could have easily implemented something on the back end to allow people to choose in settings if they want to be tagged instead of just doing a site wide no tagging over certain amount of people policy.

1 Like

Yeah, and I also don’t really understand why. I understand people don’t want to be tagged, but can’t they just mute the thread so they don’t get the notifications? Honestly, that’s their fault, don’t you think? If they don’t want to notifications, they are probably smart enough to think of a better way. It’s very annoying :roll_eyes: But what can we do? :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

We don’t have much control over the settings of the software that runs the forums. They are what the developers made them. The tagging restriction was implemented because there are tag lists floating around that are being abused and misused to a degree that active/contributing forum participants were constantly being tagged for things that had nothing to do with them. By people that they did not know nor had any interest in interacting with.

We did receive a large amount of feedback asking for a way to restrict this.

Unfortunately there is no way currently to allow people to remove a tag for themselves. There is just a hard limit on how many tags can be used that can be adjusted up or down.

For people in R4R, review and art threads the limit is likely too restrictive. I am looking for a way to more selectively apply the rule. Until what we need is found, what is a number that you all can live with? There might be a compromise possible.

5 Likes

10 maybe?

3 Likes

Okay, I can set it to 10. I may have to adjust down a bit if the random tagging issue gets out of control again. At least temporarily until a more elegant solution can be found.

3 Likes

Okay, thank you.

2 Likes

They could have implemented a feature like if you don’t want anyone tagging you disable it from your account. You can tag PPL but they can’t tag you just like it’s in ig simple eight but no we’ll restrict tagging so nobody can tag more tahn two people.
Just think if all those art shops, r4r threads it’s hella annoying

2 Likes

Wait, why are r4r threads annoying? They help small authors! Plus, people who want to participate get included. Also, if people don’t want to be tagged or get notifications, they can change the status. No need to restrict tags!

1 Like

@Daisy19 It’s her opinion and you should to resepct it and yes you can disagree with her opinion.

Um, I’m not disagreeing with her. I’m just trying to get a full perspective of things! I want to know how she feels. That’s all! <3

1 Like

Ok

Hello @Daisy19 I’m reading what she wrote a different way:

I believe she means having the two tag rule would be annoying for Art shops and r4r threads who use tag lists to keep track of everything.

Side note, I’m glad the number has changed higher than 2 which was very restricting, ty :+1: and ty to @FlowerGriefer for informing me of this change :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I meant that it would be annoying for r4r threads and ppl with art shops as they won’t be able to tag more than 2 people

2 Likes

I don’t think she was implying the threads were annoying, I think she implying the restriction of tags on those particular threads would be annoying.

1 Like