You know what would really help and should be added to the writing portal

If we could also edit the script name. Like I just made three characters and put 1,2,3 by there names as they are just cops and I didn’t know it would make my script error out if I spotted them with them having numbers by there names. So now I have to go back delete all 3 and remake them with new names just because the script name needs to be changed. It would be so much easier if they allowed us to edit that.
Also I don’t think this is in the right spot sorry wasn’t too sure where to put it.

Hmmm…that would be interesting, but I believe there is a reason for that.

Also are you sure the numbers were the problem? Just because I have characters with numbers :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There must have been another reason for the error you were getting. Having numbers in script names is perfectly fine.

1 Like

I told the spot directing numbers on and just had COP 2 stands back left and there was not problem. But everything time I put the numbers in for spotting I got an error and old with the cops not my character Wyatt and I spotted him also. Once I made all new all new cops I named them COP A COP B and so on and no error.
@black_jack & @Dara.Amarie

Sadly I can’t exactly find any mistake without the script, but maybe it’s possible you might’ve missed a number? Or something…?

Yeah I have no idea, sorry.

INT. POLICE STATION 2 - DAY with DESK POLICE to 1.000 49 87
&cut to zone 1
@overlay DESK POLICE moves to layer 1
@add Sheet Paper White to COP 1
&COP 1 0.597 241 283 AND COP 1 faces right AND COP 1 is read_paper_neutral AND COP 1 moves to layer -1
&COP 2 stands back left AND COP 2 faces right AND COP 2 moves to layer 2 AND COP 2 is talk_armscrossed_neutral_loop
&COP 3 stands back left AND COP 3 faces left AND COP 3 moves to layer 2 AND COP 3 is think_rubchin

Thats what I had all I did was leave them there and made new cops then retyped only the names to COP A COP B COP C and it worked just fine.

You were missing the word “spot”

1 Like

Oop, looks like Dara helped you out before me XD

Good luck with your story!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.