Your advice would be appreciated

So, I have a weird little problem. As I’ve been working on my story. Saint Gehenna, I’ve come to realize that I might’ve overlooked some certain cast diversity-related issues. While the story is intended to be told from a very much male perspective, I think there might not be enough prominent, likable females in the story.

This, of course, could be just me and not a real problem, but that’s exactly what I’m interested in hearing from what I assume to be a female-dominated community.

Oh, and a fair word of warning: The tone is probably a tad inappropriate and dark for the most sensitive of souls.

3 Likes

As a older female I enjoyed the dark sense of humor and the uniqueness of the story honestly.

I’d love to promote it on my IG. Do you have one for episodes by chance so I may tag you?

Also, if I may add, when each scene starts if you change @ to & when placing them, that will stop the “pop-up” effect.

1 Like

Learned that trick already, thanks. I just honestly think it’s a bit lame to George Lucas my story afterwards. I’d rather leave the amateur mistakes in to reflect the time.

Also, unfortunately I don’t. I wish to keep this weird hobby of mine separate from the real me. I do appreciate your candor, though. So I take it that the amount of female characters isn’t an issue?

1 Like

It is no problem at all. I personally don’t have a preference on how many of which sex is in a story as long as I am captivated by the story itself. In the long wrong, don’t change what you are proud of to please others. Unique stories like yours, is what treasure finding on episodes is all about.

1 Like

Duly noted. You have my thanks!

1 Like

Feels like watching a male-centered black comedy. I like it, it’s captivating from the start and the flow is natural. It’s actually quite refreshing to see an episode story from mainly the perspective of a group of men, I’m not saying it’s a completely alien concept but a good new addition to the majority of female perspective stories. Honestly tho don’t worry about the lack of “likable” female characters, I think it’s just part of what makes your story different and creates a unique ambience to it. Great work! I just hope the episodes were a bit longer😂 and add some advanced directing maybe?

I’m an adolescent female and I enjoy this story very much

1 Like

I’ll be working on that directing thing as I go along. The length of the episodes is, unfortunately, as long as there is room for. My style probably is a bit fast-paced. Never quite had the patience for 40 min. TV episodes for example.

Thanks for your input, “adolescent female”. Always nice to hear!

1 Like

Happy to help! Ps no one’s ever called me that before👌 cool

1 Like

Well, technically you did before me.

1 Like

Fair point. Okay.

1 Like

Hi David, I haven’t yet read your story but in general I do not see the need to fulfill some quotes in …well anything…even Episode calls for diversity atc.it is still your story you want to tell and if your story needs lack of woman than it is completely OK. Of cause, there is a big amount of readers young girls and it is possible to thay might not be a fan of it but this type of reader will anyway look for female MC I guess and adding some more likable woman will not keep them anyway. But older readers as me regardless of gender are more looking for the good story itself and see it as refreshing to not read on and on high school romance. :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.