Your country and it's independence day

So March 6th will be Ghana’s independence day!! As you can tell, I’m from Ghana haha! I would love to know where everyone is from and when your country’s independence day is. I would love to meet new people from different places around the world

7 Likes

Oh wow! I’m Ghanaian too and I’m in America… It’s 3 days after my birthday!

2 Likes

It’s July 4th and my neighbors shoot illegal fireworks from June til September. It’s pretty annoying when it’s 12 am and you just hear an explosion in the sky. Last year my neighbors were literally shooting fireworks over our house as if it’s not a fire hazard. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My home country is Venezuela, it’s Independence Day is on April 19th, I live in the U.S now so I guess July 4th.

2 Likes

Wow that’s amazing for me it’s 2 days before my birthday! Do you do anything to celebrate independence day in where you are in America??because we do here in London

1 Like

But do you do something to still celebrate Venezuela’s independence day?

I’ve heard a lot pf horrific stories that’s happened because of that. Have you complained to them to tell them to stop?

1 Like

I’m Swedish and our Independence Day is June 6th!

1 Like

Awesome!! Do you do anything to celebrate it?

1 Like

Hm not really, we have our flag on all the busses and schools out. Oh there’s also some kind of ceremony with the king and queen at our local zoo heh.
But I don’t really do anything special!

1 Like

Mine’s Singapore and National Day is on August 9th.

1 Like

Do you take part in the celebration?

Cool! Do you celebrate?

1 Like

Well, not to the extent of participating to this nation-wide rally, but it becomes a tradition for my family to watch it live in my aunt’s apartment.

1 Like

apperantly I have one on the 26th of july ? I never celebrate it though

2 Likes

same

1 Like

So you’re also from the Netherlands?

1 Like

jep xx

2 Likes

So America’s Independence Day is July 4th but I don’t celebrate it because even back then slavery was still at large so my ancestors weren’t free at all. I mean they didn’t have to work that day or had minimal work, but they were still treated like cattle so it’s not my Independence Day really

1 Like

AYYYYYY MY Ghanaian Friend… :ghana: I’m Half Ghanaian and Half Montserration, Montserrat doesn’t have a independence day as it is still part of the British overseas territory… :montserrat:

1 Like