Your Oldest Memories šŸ’­

Awww, your poor outfit :sweat_smile:

Iā€™ve never been to Disney Land before, though Iā€™ve always wanted to. I remember itā€™s because those days whenever I was watching a Disney movie, they would always put clips before the DVD started which showed all these families going to Disney World and going on all those amazing rides. So little me would always see those ads and get so sad and jealous :joy:

1 Like

Yikes :rofl:

Haha this is a wild trip for me because I have severe memory loss.

About 13 years of my life are lost forever from my memory. I have tiny little flashes ofā€¦elementary school I think?
My earliest CLEAR memory is freshman year of highschool when I signed up for an algebra course. This was about four years ago?

:clap:t3::clap:t3:All my amnesia friends can I get a HEEEY (haha jk they all forgot their own names) :clap:t3::clap:t3:

2 Likes

As for that poll, I definitely have a few false memories, or memories that I ā€˜misplaced,ā€™ but most of my memories are real (or so I believeā€¦)

My very oldest memory was during the move when I was 3 years old, or at least thatā€™s where I placed it. Weā€™d just entered the city limits for the first time, and my dad said: ā€œThereā€™s 1 city light for every person in this city.ā€ And, being a very practical child, I wondered if they went around counting the people and putting up and taking down street lights. ā€œWelp, RIP Mr. Jenkins, time to take down the street light.ā€ Thereā€™s about a 30% chance that this memory is misplaced, though.

If the above memory is wrong, then thereā€™s a memory from the same day, a few hours later. I remember getting to the new house and running around, looking into the room that would later become my room, seeing no furniture, just sleeping bags on the ground. Iā€™m 99% sure that that memory is accurate and in the right place.

My mom used to ask me, ā€œYou donā€™t have any memories from the old house?ā€ Not at all, except when we visited it later in life. Like I entered the city limits and suddenly started storing memories for the first time. (spooky music) But in seriousness, the move was a big moment, I stored those memories because it felt like a big event to me lol.

There are some false memories in here, though; I have a very clear memory of standing in a McDonalds, I was wearing nothing but an oversized t-shirt and flipflops, and I had chicken-pox so the shirt was scratching at every part of my skin, so I was wishing I could hover so that nothing would irritate my spots. This memory was absurd enough that I asked my mom to confirm, and as I somewhat suspected, this never happened.

I have no idea where that false memory came from. A dream? Neurons from other memories getting squished together? :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I love this. Especially the part where you mentioned how practical who were as to think that as soon as a person dies (Mr Jenkin), they have to take down a street light :joy:

1 Like

I would cry when I had to go to weddings, I put up such a fight but i still had to go, i absolutely cannot stand parties & loud music :joy:

2 Likes

Oh wow :grin:

But loud music can be really uncomfortable at times.

1 Like

Bump!

I remember throwing my mums phone in the toilet when I was around 3. That phone would always bug my small brain, back then. If only I could turn things around, I can remember my mother getting very upsetā€¦

1 Like

Well she probably got a new phone right? And you were only 3 years old after allā€¦ :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I remember mistaking a big, brown crocodile in zoo for a crocodile statue insteadā€¦

It was a saltwater crocodile. I thought that it was just some miniature statue of a crocodile lying in the zoo. It was perfectly light brown in color. Its mouth was open wide for a long time, eyes were unblinking and its whole body was so still.

I was five years old that time. I dunno why, but I was fascinated by looking at that statue. I came near till the boundary seperating the swamp and me arrived. I watched the statue, enthralled somehow.

But, apparently God has this sick sense of humor to make me realize what the reality and camouflage is.

After some time, I saw a lively squirrel playing around the statueā€™s mouth. It may have also felt that the crocodile was non-living. It decided to sit down inside its open mouth, right between where the sharp, razor like teeth lied.

And then, the real horror took place.

In an instant, the crocodileā€™s mouth closed and streaks of blood spilled out like splash from its mouth. I closed my mouth horrified, and screamed loudly. The carnivorous animal started eating its prey slowly, all the while staring at me from his unflinching side eye. We had a stare off for a long time, until it finished his meal of a poor squirrel and went back to his watery pond of a homeā€¦

And, all this happened right in front of a five year old.

1 Like

That must have honestly been so horrifying to see, that poor squirrel tho :confounded::cry:

1 Like

~Bump!~

open if you want to know what a weird kid I was

I donā€™t know which one is the oldest but I have a few memories from when I was 2-3.
One of my first memories is of my friendly neighbor showing me around our house and garden, when we moved there. She wanted to teach me how to say Sonnenblume (sunflower) and schule (school) and I remember that I always ended up saying Schuhe (Shoes) instead of schule. :joy:

Another one is from kindergarten, when I was 2 I think, about me just randomly running around until I bumped into one of my now closest and only true friend. Her name starts with L but I would always pronounce it as an R insteadā€¦ :joy::woman_facepalming:

And another one: when I turned 4 where I almost cried, because the girl that celebrated her birthday in kindergarten at the same day as me, had gotten more cake than me :joy::joy:

And I used to cry a lot when I was 4-7 and one of the dumbest reasons was because me and my friend collected glitter in little boxes and someone had stolen itā€¦ But then a boy gave me his plastic gold coin, which is still lying around in a box at home, and I felt like the happiness 4 year old in the world :blush:
And I used to cry because I would always get the worst roles when I joined a gameā€¦

Oh, and we had a big sand box in kindergarten and for some reason we all loved to collect dry/white sand and mix it with a bit of wet/ brown sand until we got the perfect golden mix and clean it from stones and sticks with aā€¦ I forgot how itā€™s called in English, helpā€¦ Round plastic thing with small holes that we would place over a bucketā€¦ One day I accidentally discovered a new method to get the rare dry sand. We used to just collect it from the ground, but I learned to ā€œfarmā€ it. What I was doing was putting wet sand as something like earth and then ā€œplantā€ the dry sand by throwing it into the wet sand, after some time we would get dry sand (because it dried in the sun, and not because my 4 year old me was a sand farmer :woman_facepalming: ) we all believed in my sand farming skills and soon I was promoted to the owner of a golden sand company that consisted of 3 girls. I was cool for 2 months until we all lost interest in golden sand :woman_shrugging:

And one that I donā€™t know if itā€™s true,
I think that my grandma hat a jellyfish (or whatever do you call these things that Spongebob likes to catch) in a glass on her kitchen counter. I loved to admire it, but one day it died and I was very sadā€¦ When I asked my family about it a few months ago, they all said that there never was a jellyfishā€¦

1 Like

Wait, so if it wasnā€™t a jelly fish, then what was it?

1 Like

I donā€™t know :eyes:

1 Like

Bump!

The first old memory that comes to my mind right now belongs to my early childhood, I think I was either 4 or 5 years old, and I still attended kindergartenā€¦ there was this little boy I had a crush on, and of course I had to embarrass myself in front of him (lol), and I even have a photo of that moment, which my mom took ā€¦ thank you mom :joy:
Long story short, we children were at this ā€œend of school year partyā€ kind of get - together with our parents, and there were those adults who invited all of us to play with balloons, and, newsflash, when I was little I used to be HELLA SCARED of ballons (I donā€™t know why, to be honest, but that was it guys lmao), especially when they would popā€¦ and, as clichĆ© as it may sound, mine popped out of nowhere, and I started to cry and scream :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: ā€¦ and I still remember it now, this little boy came up to me and said ā€œBut why are you crying over a balloon that simply popped? You are ridiculous!ā€.

And this is the story of how I got my heart broken at only 4/5 years old, lol.

2 Likes

Oh wow :joy:

He just sounds so mature, the way he said that :joy: :joy: :joy:

Yeah, I know ahahah, it was terrible :sweat_smile::roll_eyes: probably the worst first memory I have of my life, thereā€™s no doubt in that ā€¦

1 Like