YOUR OPINION can help me out! I'm not sure about what I should do!

So, I’m writing my very first story. I’m on the third chapter, but I won’t publish until I have at least 5 chapters done.

When you read a story, do you hate having to wait for the next update? Or are you fine with waiting?
I personally read the first chapter of a story I’m interested in. If I like the story, I add it to my favorites and wait until the story is fully published so I can enjoy the whole story without gaps in between.

This is probably a very dumb question, but I really can’t decide :joy:.

I’m asking you, as a reader, what do you think is best?

Should I release chapters in batches? (ex: 4 chapters every 2 weeks)
OR… :thinking:
Should I write out about half of my story first and then publish in batches? (ex: Publish 20 chapters and then publish 4 chapters every 2 weeks)
OR… :thinking:
Should I publish the entire story all at once? (I have a lot of time bc of the quarantine :kissing:)

Let me know what you guys think!
I’m open to everyone’s opinions!! :heartpulse::heartpulse:
Your opinion can help me out a lot.

1. Release in batches
    1. Release half the story, then in batches
    1. Release the whole story at once

0 voters

4 Likes

I personally don’t mind waiting for chapters to get released, it helps me think about what could happen next. It keeps readers interested, especially if there’s a cliffhanger. Maybe releasing episodes in batches would make things easier for you. But remember it’s YOUR story, you should take your time with it. Don’t let anyone rush you.

Thanks for letting me know that! :blush:

1 Like

Ofc, I hope it helps a bit

1 Like

It did!

1 Like

I actually prefer waiting for updates because at the moment I have so many stories to catch up on and so when someone updates really quick, I feel bad for falling behind. However I feel like I’m not the majority there :grimacing:

I’d recommend this ^
I published in batches for a while with one story and found it was great in terms of pushing your rank higher and satisfying your readers. However the “when will you update?” in between was rather hard to handle at times. So if you plan better than I did and can actually give your readers a rough idea (i.e “in two weeks”) then you’ll be fine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! This was beyond helpful :heartpulse:

1 Like

No problems at all, glad to be of help :blob_hearts:

1 Like

I personally like waiting for updates because that way I don’t have to feel pressured to read the whole story and I can have breaks.

1 Like

i think releasing chapters in batches is better! I like seeing reactions to every chapter from the readers and I like waiting for updates sometimes because it gives me time to catch up with other stories, and I get excited every time an author updates!

1 Like

Yeah, I agree, sometimes it can be too much. Thank you for letting me know :relieved:

1 Like

Thank you sm for your input! It helps :heart:

1 Like

I personally think you should release the first half then batches because then it gives the reader something to read and then wait, ik my reasoning is so off :sweat_smile: but do you kinda get what I’m saying?

1 Like

Yeah, I get what you’re saying :joy: Thanks for letting me know!

No problem! :heart:

1 Like

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about your story. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

Maybe you should make a poll

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m new on here so idk how to do that :sweat_smile:

Maybe this will help!

1 Like