Your opinion on school and teachers?

Thank youu! :))

1 Like

I wish we could go back to the first lockdown, when things weren’t as serious and it just felt like a longer summer break. :blob_hearts: :blob_sun:

1 Like

Yeah, first lockdown was the easiest. I mean the work was harder but I made so many friends online in that lockdown. I am just bored now. The efforts to make it interesting isn’t the same.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s even worse now because it’s winter and it’s freezing so we can’t go on a walk or go in the garden. :blob_sun: :blob_hearts:

1 Like

I totally get you!!! So I am not in school anymore butttttt, there was this teacher, She was a Filipina and taught us History and Civics. I swear to god, I haven’t seen such a crazy teacher in my life :skull: She used to shout at every single thing we used to do , if we asked a doubt, she would shout. My ears literally needed help from her shouting! So one day, it was our project orals and I used to be one of the best students at that time, so I went up to her to give my orals. I answered almost all the questions except one, I didn’t know the answer at all! Bi*ch literally shouted at me! My Filipina friends were like- I haven’t seen someone so scary from our country! Thank goodness she wasn’t our teacher the next year or else I would be literally dead meat :skull:

2 Likes

Oh my gosh she sounds horrible. My history teacher is just constantly making super bad dad jokes and then saying how funny she thinks it is that we don’t laugh at her cringy jokes like her other classes. :sob::sob:

1 Like

They dont teach us enough sh*t

1 Like

So true! It’s there job to teach us! Not shout at us or tell us stupid dad jokes all lesson. :unamused:

1 Like

I don’t have any problems with school regarding normal classes and activities, but I do struggle with extracurriculars. I’m in a play and I have band/track practice and I struggle with memorizing lines, etc.
My teachers lack the skill to motivate me when I ask for help and seem to have trouble with the concept of :sparkles: I have a fucking life :sparkles:

1 Like

Same with college. College doesn’t teach you anything but how to get a degree in the career you wish for.:woman_shrugging:t5: College needs to teach us how to actually make money

1 Like

I know. They talk about mental health and how imoprtant it is to take a break from work, but then they have the audacity to set hours of work to do. :weary:

2 Likes

I like most of my teachers but I hate the education system and the government. They are talking about making people re take the year because of the pandemic and that is so sh-t because as much as I want to re take this year. It is so unfair. Like we had no idea what this past year was going to be like but we have to pay the price. I will feel so stupid if I have to re take the year. I will be stuck with people that are younger than me. You know how demotivating that will be for me. My grades have been absolute sh-t and the governments other ways of “helping” us when we get back is horrible. One of them is to extend school days. WTF. :rage:

1 Like

And my math teacher- don’t get me started.
When she loses one of our papers she goes “have you checked your ___?”
Then, it turns out, she has it.
AND sometimes, she finds it the next day. So piled on top of her hours of homework, I have yesterday’s papers. (She gives us two packets a day :upside_down_face: )

Yea, school just teaches us stuff we could google. Like, I can use a calculator for maths… google for everything else… but paying bills and taxes… paying bills and taxes… where do I google how pay bills and taxes?!

1 Like

My old history teacher actually taught me a bit on taxes but now he is leaving for a new job. :sob: He is a literally a god send.

1 Like

Exactly. Like I’m literally no where near my age for college because I’m a minor but they still don’t teach the stuff school/college is actually supposed to. No wonder why people drop out

1 Like

My history teacher gets extremely political with us and it’s super annoying LMAO
But everyone loves her-
That woman does NOT like me istg-

1 Like

I saw a news article about this… and it’s really the audacity for me… Like kids and teens mental health is pretty bad as it is, and then you add extra school hours into the mix?! This whole generation is going to need a re-do!?

1 Like

Nooooo! A nice teacher! They will be missed :sob::sob:

1 Like

I swear some of my teachers want to yeet me out the window sometimes…

1 Like