Your suggestions on how I can make my edit better!

Hey guys,
Hope you all are doing well!
So, I made my first custom pose edit and I need your reccomendation, suggestion, tips and tricks and time lapses even youtube videos on how I can make it better!

My Edit

Some tags of my fav editors

@KylieJay @Roy @PrincessAnu @nayu.ep @fake_bananas @Youngbl00d @blackmeow20 @episode_katherinee @Dragon

(sorry if you didn’t wanted to be tag)

I am gonna open my shop soon :smirk:

7 Likes

I honestly think it looks really nice!! Good job :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have a couple of time lapses up on my Instagram if you’d like to watch them! I’m not sure what you use you edit (I use Pixlr) but for me it’s definitely easiest to paste all the parts you want into different layers and then arrange and erase them as you go.

5 Likes

hehe saw this now, My profile is in there :star_struck: (Thank you so much again for making it!)

3 Likes

Thank You
And I’ll check your time lapses now :blob_hearts: :llama:
I used ibis paint x and picsart btw

2 Likes

Moved to Art Resources since this is about edits. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

2 Likes

Ok thanks!

2 Likes

It looks good, but I would change the hand more so it won’t show the finger thats down anymore.
Maybe add some shadow and lighting.

And like said above, time-lapses help a lot.

4 Likes

Ok thank you :blush:

1 Like

I know your problem has gotten solve I’d like to add on! :blush: @Dream.writes

Click!

To not add the extra 6 finger, you should add the talk_airqoutes animation instead of the talk_pointup happy animation! :blush:

it could look like this

Example

Limb from @/Gurmeet

Instead of this

Example

Limb from @/pqstiche

2 Likes

Thank You @Davideogurl
I will keep that in mind!
:blob_hearts:

1 Like

More tags:
@lostintranslation @nataliesky @Madam_Pilot_Writer @Dark_Clover21

2 Likes

Hi, I love your edit! :cherry_blossom: The colours are so eye catching and lovely.

I recently made my first custom pose edit as well!

hidden here

And I also attempted a peace sign! :see_no_evil: I used the method that @Davideogurl described and it went really smoothly! When I was figuring it out, I looked at this post for reference and found it incredibly helpful:

If you’re looking for other suggestions to improve your edits, one thing you could do is fix little details with the clothing. If you zoom in on the model, you can see where the line breaks at the top of her dress, as well as some extra lines that will appear around the waist/elbows (for animation purposes). I wouldn’t necessarily smooth out every line, but sometimes they’ll break up an article of clothing where it wouldn’t be broken up in real life. I don’t think this tip is as relevant for this edit, but it may come up in other edits down the line (I find it happens a lot with pants haha).

Finally, you could focus on little details to really elevate the edit. This can be creating additional highlights and shadows for more visual contrast, or adding your own drawn elements like jewelry/tattoos. Personally, I really love when people add hair details, even if it’s just a few wisps of hair.

I hope this was helpful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your feedback and your edit is lovely. I like the hair and the eyeshadow of your edit! It’s really cute!

1 Like

My pleasure! And thank you so much :blob_hearts: I hoped that you might find the tips useful since I’m very much still learning too. Can’t wait to see what else you create!!

1 Like

Were you still looking for more? I know this has been solved, but I can still respond if you’d like. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the tag!
I’m not that great in edits myself but maybe a bit more filters and colours would be nice, as it looks slightly boring (No not the edit the colour combinations and stuff)

1 Like

Yeah please!

1 Like

I basically completely color over my edits to create skin details. I add shading and highlights to make them more “artistic” and less “episodian.” Really this a personal preference, though. Your edit looks very nice. Most importantly, you need to be happy with it.

1 Like

Oh yeah I am new at this edits and I’m learning to add highlights and shading!
Thank You! :blob_hearts:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.