Your thoughts on the new Episode Guidelines?

I agree with this. Especially since 90% of the questions are the same thing. I get some things are based on a case by case basis, but other things (cursing) could literally just be solved in a post.

I was all for the updated guidelines (still am) but good night it just seems to have caused even more confusion/issues. :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

It would also help if they’d even just answer some of us. I mean if one of us gets a reply on something we can always come here and share it, but if no one knows then we’re kind of screwed. :woman_shrugging:t2::grimacing:

2 Likes

Okay this sentence doesn’t even make any sense. Kids aren’t even allowed to be in Episode, it’s a 13+ app so teens and adults are only allowed be on the app. So it doesn’t matter if a kid feels young, what if they feel older? Does that mean they could still go on the app? NO because they are not teens or adults.

Okay the gun part is only not allowed in covers, you’re still allowed to have them in ypour story just not in covers

2 Likes

Yeah, that definitely works, that other community that I mentioned used this, they’d consolidate all of the questions and answers that the employee took and post them all for everyone to see.

Answering questions publicly is probably also better than the ticket method because people can learn from each other’s questions this way. The ticket method is all private, so they’ll get the same questions until they’re blue in the face.

But hey, what do we know, we’re just users who spend time in the community listening to each other and have seen other companies face this kind of thing before. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I personally don’t think the guidelines need to be specific. Its better when it covers a large area, but I do think to understand the specifics of it, someone in Episode really needs to get to writing a huge thread explaining every rule so people understand. We’re all literally running in circles trying to interpret these rules ourselves when even our interpretations are wrong.

1 Like

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Episode Guidelines as I Understand Them

I understand where Episode are coming from with these new guidlines but the thing is that every writer is now sweating about whether their story breaks the guidlines or not (including me although I’ve only used a few curse words :joy:) and everyone is constantly scraed of the fact that story might be removed. Another idea could be that Episode asks for your age and if every story written comes with an age rating, stories could be limited depending on your age… if that makes any sense.

1 Like

Isn’t this why we have warning :unamused: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Unfortunately some people don’t seem to pay attention and report the story anyway. It’s actually really annoying :roll_eyes:

1 Like

yet when they see someone else’s they be all up in you bess

i totally support

girl preach :heart::100:

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

I agree I’m a writer well was going to start and my content was for older people but like I came to episode to do that because I knew the rules and they’ve changed it due to children this is not fair and they will lose ratings I’m not changing my mind I won’t publish on here or what they should do is make a mature app for writers and people to read.

2 Likes

Has any of it changed that much the guideline about children has been around for a long time. And I thought it was over uploaded images of real people same with landmarks ect been around for along time to.
With swearing I know a lot who go overboard and it’s a turn off with a story when it unnecessary I mean when every third work is F**k.
Whether you like it or not and I think it’s ridiculous that episode is a 13+ app when all other similar apps are 17+.

What people are forgetting is the episode has to follow guidelines from both Apple and android to stay 13+ and going by how quick this happened that other Apple or android has threatened to take away their rating and rise it too 17 plus. Only saying this as I read guidelines to be a 13+ app with Apple and funny how episode all of a sudden in line with those guidelines

6 Likes

I’m all for rules I’m just not sure if I publish my story will it get taken down

1 Like

I think it was a very rushed decision when things die down fully you can ask episode to review or ask is this appropriate. But as long as their no graphic description and showing abuse you should be fine.

Exactly! I understand why they do this, i really do. But now i can’t really keep going with my ideas (as many authors), and i don’t think i can or want to write for 13 years olds. There is nothing bad with doing it!! but for older people will be boring.

What I really wonder is how would the app lose more? losing + or - age readers? I mean, I REALLY REALLY hope it doesn’t, but from what you can see from the reactions, someone will lose out with this.

1 Like

That is my exact point I write in my own way isn’t age appropriate just going to say it but I have so many ideas and I’m not going to just throw them away

1 Like