Your worst technical errors

Hello fellow episode writers, while I was writing, a question popped up in my head that I wanted to know the answers to.

What was the worst writing bug/error that you have ever experienced? (whether that be a missed phrase in code or unintentional) How long did it take you to solve them?

3 Likes

For me I’d say spelling something wrong and having to go back and look for it. I rememeber a code I did and I spelled my characters name wrong and I was like wth yes it does and I didn’t see the mistake until I asked for help on forums which was embarrassing :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Definitely something I would do too lmaoo

1 Like

The worst directing issue that I had wasn’t my fault; just when I was beginning, I couldn’t get the writer’s portal to remember if/elif/else choices. Took me a solid hour to learn that the writer’s portal doesn’t display them without the picker lol.

Then once I spelled the name of a choice wrong in the if/else section, didn’t take me long to catch it, though. I feel like it’s harder to notice typos in all caps… :thinking:

Nothing huge other than that, just that I forget the syntax a lot. “&PEARL walks spot 43 153 1.280” or “@.fade to black in 3”. Once I forgot the @ in front of the “@.CHARACTER +1”. Now I just keep Dara Amarie’s All Script Commands guide up whenever I’m directing. :joy:

1 Like

I just had an error where my animated opening would not work. it was because I had spelled the overlays wrong. the script did not even tell me it was an error so I had no idea why it would not work

It wasn’t necessarily hard to fix, just annoying. But I had an issue where I changed the spot directing of one person or something like that and subsequently the zooming changed for the entire scene (glitch, I guess, I don’t know) But it was pretty hilarious because I suddenly had characters flailing across the screen at the speed of light. And then the scene ended with a super zoom up of this one characters face. It was so funny to watch.

1 Like