Youtube are in danger

to be fair the peopel who are gonna decide the fate of youtube. is old people who would let their kids watch happy tree friends without looking at the M rateing and then have a mealt down when they actually see what it is

2 Likes

I feel like the Episode guidelines are just going to keep changing non-stop, it’s frustrating having to constantly make changes :scream:

3 Likes

irk

1 Like

im just going to delete my channel

1 Like

Right?!?

1 Like

idkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

1 Like

or check dara website.

3 Likes

Oh
 my
 f*cking
 Gosh.

Who the hell do these old people think they are? Bet they don’t even watch YouTube and they think they can just take away literally most people’s source of entertainment for WHAT? :clown_face:

2 Likes

Money thats why. they can sue the lives out of YouTubers if it goes through.

2 Likes

So many people depend on YouTube for income! They’re thinking that “YouTube isn’t for kids” but they can’t just think about children, they need to consider EVERYONE. If they did, they see that what they’re doing is wrong and an asshole move.

3 Likes

Geez. :woman_facepalming:

I swear, this tendency to expect society to protect your child rather than actually taking responsibility is going to cause messes in all sorts of things. Parents have to be responsible for what their child sees when online. They have to give them only apps that are appropriate. Youtube Kids exists, if you don’t want your kid clicking on something with “bright colours,” don’t give them access to an app with semi-mature content.

Extra odd to see a rule like this popping up in the middle of “nostalgia culture,” where the top box office hits are movies based on comic books and Disney remakes are being made for nostalgic 20-somethings. And yet somehow I understand that old politicians don’t quite get that the line between children’s content and teen+ content is a thin one.

Still stuck on “bright colours,” though. Advertisements have bright colours, they catch human attention, that’s just a fact of our visual system. :woman_facepalming:

7 Likes

then go and sign the petision.

1 Like

exactly!!!

2 Likes

You should send that comment to them

https://www.regulations.gov/comment?D=FTC-2019-0054-0001

2 Likes

Kids are becoming more
 Ehh, mature? Because of the fact that they grew up in a generation of technology, they think different and they aren’t so innocent anymore. The issue isn’t with YouTube it’s with parenting. YouTube shouldn’t be held accountable, the parents should be.

6 Likes

Does it let us foreigners send comments, though? :thinking: It is an American law, right? Not that it won’t have international consequences, but it’s intended for America.

1 Like

I could not it keep saying I did not write any text, but you can try. it dosent ask your country

I also have a VPN there says I am in the US. so it should have worked for me if the country was a problem

2 Likes

Me trying to think of things I watch that have bad things-
Nothing
:skull:
Okay so I hope Larray doesn’t stop making videos coz I will call thiccy Nicky on trump

1 Like

Okay so the site for Youtube Kids is not available in my country, so im guessing its for America only?

1 Like

Where is the petition link?