Zoning/Panning and transition Clarification

INT. BACKGROUND
@SALLY walks to spot 1.230 100 -10 in zone 2 in 3 AND SALLY does it while ride_horse_gallop_polo_happy_loop

EXT. BACKGROUND
&zoom reset AND cut to zone 2
@transition iris in 1.5

For the first scene, I have the character move and camera directing with in 3 seconds.
To move to the next scene, the transition I have is only 1.5sec.

So, will the panning continue on the next scene if I code it like that?
Should I add &pause for 2 before transition?

Thank you!

It won’t work between the different backgrounds but if you’d like it to, I’d recommend re-editing them (if you can) and putting them both together so you can have the effect.

If not you’ll have to pan across the one bg then pan across the other one.

I decided to add @pause for 1 before it move to the next scene, not sure if there’s a better way to code it smoothly

Pause commands can do wonders! You can also make them even shorter than 1 second if you need to, like 0.5 or so. I’d experiment and see what helps the most!

1 Like

Thank you!

Um, can I also ask for your opinion regarding intro? Is 5 seconds too long?

I’d also experiment with the panning and walking times. They’re not always exactly even so it can be a bit of a pain to find what times seconds wise work the best to make things even.

1 Like

I don’t think so! I have an animated intro for one story that’s like 20ish seconds long and then just a static intro that’s probably around 3 seconds long. If it’s a good story a longer intro won’t matter that much and 5 seconds isn’t long.

1 Like

I see. Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.