Zooming out and rear characters

im trying to make a character move into frame while i zoom out, and they’re rear. but my character keeps turning around and then going back to rear.

So it starts zoomed in on the guy in the suit, and it zooms out and the girl moves into frame while being rear.

But then she turns around for a few seconds.

And then she’s rear again. I have no idea how to fix this.

Currently the script for this part is:

@GRACE walks to spot 1.758 241 -274 in 0.7 and GRACE does it while idle_rear and GRACE faces right and DAD walks to spot 0.959 117 113 in 0.7 and DAD is arms_crossed_angry and DAD faces right
&GRACE is idle_rear
@speechbubble is 196 133 to 100% with tail_top_left
DAD (talk_startled)
Grace?

I have no clue how to fix it. Please help :slight_smile:

Try using idle_loop_rear or idle_rear_loop (I forget which one it is but it’s one of the two lol)

it says that doesn’t exist, and i can’t find it on the animations

ink or limelight? I’ll check the animations catalogue

ink, i checked the animations catalogue and couldn’t find it

Oh, ok. Limelight is the one that has the loop. You could try just rear but I’m guessing you already have? Or try putting THEN GRACE is rear at the end of the commands

she still turns around before going back to rear :confused:

Why does Grace walk to the spot? Why not just start with her in the spot? :thinking:

because when it zooms out it gives the illusion that its zooming out to reveal her to be in a spot already if that makes sense. so it starts zoomed in with her out of frame, then zooms out and she comes into frame.

Sorry, I have no idea then :disappointed_relieved:

Ohh okay.

She faces the front because she walks to the spot and then has to wait for her dad to be arms_crossed.

Try:

@GRACE walks to spot 1.758 241 -274 in 0.7 and GRACE is idle_rear AND GRACE faces right AND DAD walks to spot 0.959 117 113 in 0.7
&DAD starts arms_crossed_angry AND DAD faces right AND GRACE starts idle_rear
@speechbubble is 196 133 to 100% with tail_top_left
DAD (talk_startled)
Grace?

Let me know if it works. :slight_smile:

omg thank you so much! i had to adjust the dad’s actions a bit but it worked perfectly, thank you so much i was completely lost x

You’re welcome. Happy to help! Feel free to PM if you have any more questions! :heart: