Zooming Out while Characters are moving

I need help with this type of directing. I’ve done the directing where I’m zooming into an area and the characters are moving out of the zoomed area. I know how to do that, but how do I make a character or characters move into the area that I am zooming out of? I am terrible at explaining this, but if you know what I mean, please help me.

&zoom (blah blah numbers)
@CHAR walks to spot (more numbers)

Hope this helps!

That didn’t help. Can I show you what I have?

yep!

@cut to zone 1 AND zoom on 183 296 to 119% in 0
@pause for a beat
&zoom on 183 319 to 102% in 3
@DILONIA changes into Dilonia_5
@DILONIA walks to spot 1.511 177 -181 in 3 AND DILONIA faces right AND DILONIA does it while idle_rear

I believe it’s the changes bit. You want the zoom to be on the line previous to the walking bit and the changes line is blocking it essentially. Does that make sense?

I’m confused on what you’re saying.

Switch the &zoom with the @DILONIA changes.

@DILONIA changes
&zoo
@DILONIA walks to spot

This is what the script should look like (with the numbers)

It still did not work because the character is popping up into the scene while she’s moving into the scene.

Are you transitioning from one zone to another?

No I am not.

Hmm. You’re just zooming out and the character is supposed to walk to a certain spot, correct?

Yes, that is exactly what I am trying to do.

So what I would think to do, If she’s randomly moving, restate her spot

@DILONIA changes into (whatever)
@DILONIA spot (were she is right now)

&zoom (wherever it needs to zoom out to)
@DILONIA walks to spot (wherever she needs to go)

See if that works… I sometimes have strange issues that I can not fix so you have to change things around a bit, idk why!

PERFECT!! It worked… Thank you so much!

You’re welcome!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.