Advice needed! | Random art commission question!

:red_light: DISCLAIMER: This is so hate to the artist at all, she is a lovely person who does great art! I just need some advice.

Hey! I have recently been in touch with an artist who does commissions, and we have discussed all the details of the piece! I told her that my PayPal money has been processing, and she told that it’s fine! (It has come through now, but I have not paid her anything.) Keep in mind, this is my first time commissioning art!

3 days ago I was messaging her discussing some of the details of the art, and she stopped replying for a few hours, later that day my PayPal money had came through and I told her that, but still no reply! The next day, I checked her profile and her bio had changed to commissions closed. I sent her a message saying “Hey, I’ve seen your commissions have been closed, I was wondering if you will still be taking mine, or if I should find another artist… etc” I didn’t get a reply all day and I just thought it was because of our different time zones, and I’ve woken up without a reply!

Do you think I should find a new artist, or wait for the one I have already messaged, this is my first time so I have no idea what to do in this situation.

2 Likes

Well, it is suspicious, but give it a day or 2. If she doesn’t reply, you can expose her and ask for refund as it would count as scam if she takes money but doesn’t answer.
BUT you can make a backup plan and search for a new artist, just to be safe.

2 Likes

I haven’t paid her any money yet, since she hasn’t replied to my messages, but thank you for the advice!

1 Like

Yeah, I was about to ask if “I told her that my PayPal money has been processing, and she told that it’s fine! (It has come through now)” was paying her or just getting money to your paypal - I know if you use card/bank way you have to wait few days; if you use trustly then it’s within a minute on your account.

In that case, if you didn’t pay her, like Kiki said, I would wait day or two and see if she’s gonna reply or not. If not, then just try to find another artist and send her message smth like: “Okay, I decided to commission someone else, because you don’t reply.” Just to let her know and that it’s clear on your side.

1 Like

Then just give it a few days, but meanwhile look for a backup : )
Hope everything goes well!

Thank you so much, I’ll definitely update the post to make more sense. Also, thank you for the advice I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Thank you so much! :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Update: she still hasn’t replied :sob:

1 Like

Omg girl…
To be honest if your money isn’t gone,nothing else matters. Give her a sort of deadline I guess, like give her another day or a few hours if you’re impatient until you cancel it and find a new artist because there’s no reason why she wouldn’t be replying, or she should atleast give a sort of disclaimer before she went un active.Meanwhile, look for other artists which are active and online so nothing like this happens.
If the bio says commissions closed I’m sorry to break it to you but it might be including yours too, which makes me really angry because why would you cancel something literally in the middle AND without saying ‘sorry I’ll have to cancel because BLA BLA BLA’ , but just ignoring them? Pisses me off. Okay now I’ve read that, find other artists because that artist is acting like they’ve never talked to you or taken your commission clearly and I’m sure they won’t answer anytime sooner.
If you don’t mind saying, what artist is it? You can PM me if you wanna keep her anonymous :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s been around 4 days now, so I think I will just try find a new artist! Also, I don’t think I’ll be able to tell you the artist just so I don’t get myself and her in trouble I’m sorry 🫶🏼 but thank you so much for the advice!!

2 Likes

Hey, if you need any new artist!

I have some affordable ones that did my art covers and scenes!

So sorry this happened to you x

That would be amazing, thank you!!

1 Like

That’s completely fine! And your welcome!

1 Like

Your so welcome,

there is Ankita’s commissions she is amazing!
@sherryeps on insta
Aykay I need to find her insta.
@Isabelaepisode so talented!

Those are some amazing artist!

I can find some more for you!

2 Likes

Thank you so much, I’ll definitely look into them now!

1 Like

Update AGAIN: I woke up this morning to a reply from her, she said she was out of town and I’m on her waiting list, but I’ve already requested to be on the waiting list for another artist so what did I do in this situation? :sweat_smile:

You can always say that you decided to go with another artist, but just because you needed it as soon as possible. OR you can let know the other artists that you would like to “cancel” your spot because you rethought your decision or the previous artist answered.
Completely your choice.

2 Likes

Alright, thank you!!

1 Like

I’d also ask about that waiting list for both of them, how long is the waiting, tbh. Because you can be on waiting list and wait for a month (been there done that). If time factor is important for you it’s better to know the reality, @Kennedyx :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, that would be a good idea, thank you!