Announcing the Double Life Writer's Contest

I am kind of confused, like in the 12th point it has written that You may not: add options to your CC, change or update your cover art, add additional scenes, choices, dialogue, backgrounds or overlays. So we have to use only episodes overlay and background or we can choose our random backgrounds too?

4 Likes

So…
In my story MC is living normal life and in 1st chapter she is force to pretend someone else in front of LI. She has to outsmart LI and his/her environment to save her own family and friends.

It fits?

5 Likes

You can upload custom backgrounds and overlays and etc., just don’t add them after the deadline ^^

5 Likes

oh okay thanks ya :smiley:

4 Likes

It should be applicable if she continuously lives two lives simultaneously, like living in both worlds you can go like
She jumps to the other world at night time but the time zones are different so it’s day there and i day there = few hours in here realm

3 Likes

It’s more like she meets LI in 1st chapter, he/she and his/her people are dangerous, and to defeat them she must pretend only in front of him/her to save her own family and neighbours.
So basically in her home, and when he/her isn’t around she is herself, but when she’s with LI she must pretend until her tribe find the solution.

I made already char, outf, back, overlays, covers and finished 1st chapt​:woman_facepalming::unamused:

2 Likes

Can I MP you some plot and you will tell if it fits?
I don’t want to waste so many weeks just to hear, that my story won’t fit in :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

It might help you to contact @/Melani3 rather than another author since she can tell you exactly whether your story idea fits the contest qualification :slight_smile:

2 Likes

123 days left! How hard do you think it will be for me to come up with polls for the next 4 months?

How hard will it be for me to come up with polls for the next 4 months?
  • Very hard
  • Pretty hard
  • Meh
  • Super easy :joy:

0 voters

Anyways, onto the real poll! Out of the following, what do you need?

What do you need?
  • A plot idea
  • A cover
  • Splashes
  • Intro/Outro
  • Coding/Writing Help

0 voters

Again, not shamelessly promoting my classroom… but if you need coding and writing/planning help, this is the place to go! Just press this link and log in:
https://classroom.google.com/c/Mjk1NTQxMDExNDg5?cjc=42en7b5

5 Likes

Welp… now I’m going to be making my splashes instead of writing.

6 Likes

Sure

1 Like

Since she pretends to be someone else or is in a disguise in front of Li it should be counted.

2 Likes

I can help.

With the coding and whatever else you need.

2 Likes

I have a doubt, in the end should she still continue the same double life or follow her true identity or something

1 Like

I wanna know if my story matches the DL topic

1 Like

A girl who is a celeb turns into a blood thirsty vicious creature. In the day she is a celeb and in the night she turns into a beast and kills people. the guy who turned her into this is a beast killer who kills such creatures with his power as he is also one, this story is about him finding her and falling in love and those stuff. but it will be hard for him since in the day she will be surrounded by fans and in the night she will be roaming around and who knows where.

2 Likes

@Celestial_Night So long as their Double Life is shown during chapter 1, it will qualify for the contest.

@Rivera-Rose A traditional Isekai story would not work, due to the narrative rarely showing both aspects of their life, focusing on the “other world” instead. However, if there’s balance between the two worlds within the plot, it would fit the contest.

10 Likes

so if she is on both life equally then this story will qualify

2 Likes

if its the main plot of the story that she lives double life then yes I think if she pretends to be someone else just for one chapter then I dont think it fits.

2 Likes

Hello everyone!
This contest is so wild and is kinda encouraging everyone to participate
I’d like to share my shop
In this shop i create menus
You can make the start of your episode story interesting this way (:
I wud love if u wud check out!

Also check my friend @ciaraxoxoc 's
Menu shop

I hope i can help you make ur story successful
I can make splashes and intros and others too :two_hearts:

6 Likes