Announcing the Double Life Writer's Contest

Sappy crappy is exactly what I need :rofl:

2 Likes

Good Luck!:four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I’m not participating, but I wish you all the best of luck! :heart:

And don’t give up now, you’re almost there :muscle:

8 Likes

I had such high hopes on entering then I got sidetracked and lost motivation because of college. I won’t be entering yet again, but I’d really like for them to announce the newest one now that I might have some free time since its summer. Good luck to everyone! You’ve got this.

6 Likes

I have now come to the conclusion that I am probably not going to be able to finish in time, I have released the first 4 chapters but I haven’t finished chapter 5 yet and its been a few weeks so I don’t think I will manage to do it and another 3 chapters so I will finish it with time and release it all after the deadline as its own story.

2 Likes

Sorry to take over but I think time for a poll.

What chapter are you working on?

• I’m not entering anymore!
  • Chapter 1
  • Chapter 2
  • Chapter 3
  • Chapter 4
  • Chapter 5
  • Chapter 6
  • Chapter 7
  • Chapter 8
  • Already published

0 voters

And when do you plan to publish?

• Just before the deadline
  • Begin July
  • In batches: begin July and before deadline
  • Half July
  • In batches: half July and before deadline
  • When I’m done

0 voters

I don’t know if this has been asked and/or answered but I have a few questions.
The deadline is the 29th so all 8 chapters have to be published by the 29th I understand that.
If you publish chapters early fewer than 8 do we submit the ticket once we publish or once 8 chapters are published?
If you do publish prior to the deadline date and publish less than 8 chapters are the reads counted prior to the deadline, or do the reads not begin until the deadline is over and all 8 chapters are published?
and finally
I am basically trying to figure out if its worth publishing early a few chapters or does it not matter anyways, and just wait till right before the deadline to publish?
TYIA

You submit your entry once you published all 8 episodes BEFORE the deadline.

Depends tbh. The following is only my opinion, feel free to disagree lmao. For smaller authors I’d recommend publishing all 8 at once, cuz they may not have a big established readers base, so 8 episodes would be good enough to hit the review border of the rank. Or maybe publish in 2 batches using EA, but EA must expire before the deadline. I think those 2 strategies would make achieving the review faster. Also, big role plays the publishing genre lol.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I appreciate the advice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, I have a question.
Maybe someone can answer it, because neither episode nor Melani3 have written back, and I’m going on vacation soon and returning just before the deadline.

I already submitted my story a month ago as DL: The One marked by lightning :slightly_smiling_face:

1. I’ve had 9 chapters for 2 weeks now and it’s finished. I would like to change its title to DL:… (complete). Can I do it now or wait until the contest is over? Because now I think I would have to fill out a new form, and that’s against the rules, right?
  2. I finally set up ig and wanted to add it in the form, but… Like above, I have to send a new one in this situation. Can I or is that not compliant?
  3. You had to enter the story link, but as a title. In my case, there is no title as such at the top of the page, just a link h ttps://www.episodeinteractive.com/write/story/Aa_Az (I don’t know how else to paste, so I typed h and the rest 🤦🤷😂).
    I put a link like this in the form, but on the other hand shouldn’t there be something like h ttps://www.episodeinteractive.com/write/story/DL:_The_One_marked_by_the_lightning
    ? I don’t know, I’m afraid I typed it wrong, and I don’t want to be removed from the contest because of such a stupid mistake :pensive:
    Only if it’s wrong and I have to correct it then… Well, that’s it, I have to send a 2nd form again, and I don’t think I’m allowed to do that :thinking:

Does anyone know the answers to my questions?
I have time until Tuesday to correct, then I’m out of country :frowning:

I’d personally wait till the contest is over, to avoid any problem. readers can see that the story is completed from the app anyway (if you changed its status)

I think the link keeps the first ever name the story has had, so if you didn’t have a title back then and used something random it probably kept that (I’m not entirely sure tho)

1 Like

Thanks for reply :heart:

I thought so too, I must have put spaces because I came up with the title at chapter 4 :woman_facepalming:
Only now I’m afraid if they’ll exclude me at the start :pensive:

If you want to change something on the form:

Yes they keep the first name. I names a story once blablabla and well, that name is still in the link & mail with review haha

After you filled in the form you cant change the title but just like rogue said, you can send a ticket?

1 Like

I already send ticket 5 days ago and mail to Melani3 2 days ago :pensive:
I’m worried, that I can’t fix it on time.

So what should my story link with title be?
Aa_Az or DL:_The_One_maked_by_lightning?

Oh in case someone doesn’t know. Check if a group does a 8 chapter review / 8 chapter shoutout. If they do 3 chapters (or less then 8) it will affect your retention negatively!

4 Likes

Just realized I have yet to announce here on the forums that I’m joining :sweat_smile:

Title: DL: Dirty Neon Lights

Genre: Sci Fi
Description: It’s the year 2093 on Earth and the world is divided. You’re a shy genius in love with a clueless friend. Desperate for freedom, you run to the sinful Neon City. Can you handle two lives or will your new wicked ways ruin everything?

I’m super excited about it! It will have 2 Love interests, multiple endings and all choices matter with full CC.

DL_Neon_Lights_posterThumb_4RHWL7gJT7

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5793811934150656

16 Likes

No, you don’t have to fill the new form for this. You can change the title for 9 out! or [complete]. That’s fine, I’ve seen this happening in the contests before. You don’t actually change the title, you just update the info about episodes

Only IOS users can see it. The status is not shown on Android devices. They just see the number of episodes. That’s why it’s always better to mark the story [complete].

The story link you need to submit is the actual link you copy from the portal page of your story. So, it’s /Aa_Az in your case

2 Likes

Hello! I am entering! I do have a reading list on my Instagram @yen.epi. You can leave your entries there! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

𝐃𝐋: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧
𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧: School. Hospital. Home. That’s your life on repeat. But after an encounter with someone from another dimension, things might become better for you… or maybe, worse?
𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐫𝐞: Sci-fi/Thriller
𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞: July 29.

15 Likes

Lmao. I feel like doing so now. But I’m too far in, I have 2 more episodes. :rofl:

3 Likes