Announcing the Fairy Tales Contest!

Ahhhhhhh, this sounds good!!
I can’t wait to see all the awesome entries!!

2 Likes

Does that mean the main storyline still have to be the same? Like Ariel washed up on shore and turn into a human? Can i change or reverse it that the Prince is the one that is being the mermaid?

4 Likes

Okay, so basically what this is about. Let’s say you a pick Sleeping Beauty, and another story to add to that one. Now, your adapting from that story. Making it your OWN version. It could be for an example. (gawd, I hate my vocabulary, I hope u understand)

You wake up in a very quiet environment, everyone seems to be asleep, but you’re not the only one who’s awake.And let’s say you and someone else will team up to find out what is causing everyone to go to sleep. Will their be dangers? Uhhh, Hm…

4 Likes

No, it can be different.

2 Likes

Are we allowed to do “crossovers” for example, the story has elements of snow white, sleeping beauty, rapunzel, Peter pan and cinderella in etc…? Or are we only allowed to use one fairytale adaptation? @Melani3

2 Likes

I think so,

The prince doesn;t have to be a mermaid, he could be something else. Let’s say like a cursed horse. Example: Princess and the Frog, instead of a frog, make it something different. SOmething fresh.

3 Likes

for a note its called rapunzel not tangled, that is the Disney version, personally i think it would be a good idea to read the original versions, not the disney ones

1 Like

@Melani3 does Greek mythology qualify? Because I feel like that could be pretty cool.

3 Likes

princess and the frog is basicly this contets, the original is called the frog prince,

1 Like

Yeah I know i forgot what the princesses name was😂

Can we make the original identifiable character as a side character, but kind of maintain the theme of the fairy tale with my original characters?

2 Likes

Yeah, Frog Prince. XDDDDD

Yeah she is right i mean is it only the normal fairy tales or other things like greek methology work too? Like hercules?

2 Likes

@Eevie.stories That’s a fantastic idea, as it adapts the story while adding something entirely new!

@soph.writes2000 Character crossovers are allowed!

@Anna.Epp Greek mythology can be included!

@Pikachu.episode Also allowed, that sounds like an interesting way to adapt your story!

16 Likes

I grew up with fairystails. I am not handeling well people are just refering to them by disney names,

3 Likes

I love this.

5 Likes

it’s cool but i have a question, is it obligatory to use well known characters and change their stories? Like Hensel and Gretel? because for me, if I find any time to enter, I want to create something unique with different characters.

1 Like

Thank youuu, i was really worried that it might not fit!

Yeah no I totally get that! Thanks hehe, but what I mean is, taking the concept of a witch or witches, just as that and not from any one specific tale… I don’t think that would count right? Unless I somehow tweak it to seem as if the witch is inspired by a fairytale character :thinking:

2 Likes