Announcing the Open Mic Writer's Contest

I totally would! My insta is @katgoods.writes

2 Likes

I would! @CosmicIvy.Episode

2 Likes

I love this so much!! I’m hoping to enter with a story idea I’ve had for months! I start college this fall, so fingers crossed I’ll have time to enter. :relaxed:

1 Like

may i join? my insta is @talesbyrose
forgot to include it in my last post lol smh

1 Like

cool concept! i’ll have to think about it because this does sound exciting but idk if i can continue writing the story after publishing since I don’t like leaving things unfinished :sweat_smile:
need some time to think about this. good luck authors!!:heart_on_fire::heart_on_fire:

3 Likes

That’s such a cool idea! So glad that gem choices are not a compulsory thing now

2 Likes

I want to

1 Like

The last contest I couldn’t join because of website issues I guess I’ll join this one. I already have an idea.

1 Like

Yeah mine’s the same but all we need to do is just change the dates to the correct ones (you can also do that by pressing “modify event” if you want to)

5 Likes

:sunglasses: No one to stop you now girl! Go for it :wink:

Thank you, as I never know that :joy:

2 Likes

I love this concept, sometimes I find a prompt quite restrictive, like you have to stick in the right lane but this is really freeing.

1 Like

I’m on the process of rewriting a story of mine (as a complete new story), the old version of that story was featured on the Hidden Gems Shelf last year. Do you guys think I can use the new version of the story as an entry? Not really sure about that, since it has the same title. I already send a support ticket about it but I wanted to hear you guy’s thought about it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

They said it has to be a new published story right?

2 Likes

So I’ve been writing this idea, initially as an actual story but thought it might make a good entry for this contest:

Gemma and Callum are 26 years old and were childhood sweethearts, breaking up and losing contact when they were 19, but now they are older and run into each other and the story follows them as they fall in love all over again.

I thought I might not have them actually meet again until the last moment of chapter 1 and its actually the people around them who facilitate them meeting again, does that make sense?

What do you think?

1 Like

Right and I’m actually writing it as a new story, and it is unpublished as well :thinking:

1 Like

Interesting.

1 Like

Thank you, I have loads of scene ideas running through my head rn. I love this stage of an idea when you feel empowered, it’s just getting all the direction right that can be annoying :slight_smile:

2 Likes

is it about the same thing? with the same characters as the other story that you previously published?

Yes it’s about the same thing. But most of the characters have different names and I changed their appearance too.