Any tips for drawing (Ibis Paint X)?

Hey! I’m somewhat new to drawing, editing, etc. A few years ago I began editing, but then I kind of forgot about it? Until recently, i’ve been drawing, editing, etc. using Episode characters like I used to do, and I’m surprisingly not THAT bad. Let me be hype, LOL.
Anyways, I wanted to make this thread because I know I can do better, and I honestly need some tips. I’m not really focused on editing, it’s more on the drawing side of things.
If anyone has any tips to help me get better at drawing, specifically on Ibis Paint X, please reply! I’d love all the tips I can get, plus this could help others, too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I have my own art shop here on forums which has some examples of my art. (Ellie’s Art Shop :blob_hearts: (OPEN))
Some quick access to some of my art:

Drawings

They aren’t the best, I’m aware.
But, I’d appreciate it if some of you dropped tips for me!! It would really help me out :blush:

2 Likes

We’re in the same boat, I’m learning little by little. But those are awesome!

1 Like

Those are pretty good for the first time! I suggest watching videos on how to draw and color specific things such as hair, eyes, and how to contour the skin. It really takes a lot of practice to improve.

1 Like

Here are a few things I’ve learned over time:

• The bigger the canvas the better the quality. Looking back at my old drawings with a smaller canvas the quality was really bad. Not I usually keep my canvases between 2500x2500 and 3000x3000.

• Brushes: Dip Pen (Hard) Is good for outlining. (Make sure stabilizer is on and cut all the way up) Dip Pen (Soft) Is good for outlining lips and eyes, also eyelashes. You should take long strokes when drawing since the lines come out neater :sparkling_heart:

Btw here’s how to turn stabilizer up/on. Make sure force fade is on aswell.

Airbrush (Triangle) is what I use for shading along with Dip Pen (Soft) and the blur tool.

• Layering: When drawing make sure you don’t mess up the layers. I’ve accidentally outlined on my pose layer :woman_facepalming:t4: I recommend outlining and creating a layer under that to color it in.

• Undoing: Never be afraid to undo. I undo something every five seconds hence why it takes me hours to finish pieces :joy:

• Tutorials: There are so many available on YouTube and Instagram. Just search around and try different techniques. That’s how I adapted to the way I draw now. You’ll eventually branch off and discover new ways.

Since a lot of people do things differently i hope you try some of these out and see what works best for you. There’re a lot of brushes in IbisPaint X so mess around with them and see which ones you like :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you :pray: much appreciated.

2 Likes

Np :two_hearts:

1 Like
1 Like