Bring back the episode glory days!

Why can’t you become a featured author with these ideas and without episode controlling you? :star_struck:

3 Likes

They just lie about it all the time :joy:

Do they think people will be mad if the mc isn’t blonde by default

I mean I love blonde people and people in general but like cmon at least throw a ginger in there or something :joy:

4 Likes

lol i’m bad at coding in the portal Computer Science is NOWHERE on my GCSE form.

and i’m 13…

3 Likes

It’s alright lol

1 Like

When I was 13, I was writing a Percy Jackson rip off. THOSE were the good old days.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: i’ve been using wattpad for a year

2 Likes

What featured stories contain nowdays:

1 Gem choices
2 Default characters as besties and bg
3 cliche plot
4 more than 5 punches
5 stupid mean girl with minions
6 stupid badboy with “tragic past”
7 idiotic ugly makeover
8 The “Chosen one”
Guys tag people to inform them about this lol it causes sickness
@liltequiladrop @sls.exe @PikachuK18 @loveyourself

5 Likes

I’ve been using since I was literally your age. I have some bad jeff the killer fanfic if you ever wanna read it :joy:

Sike! I will never leak my fanfic! :japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

you forgot the bad boy with a tragic past

3 Likes

I love you.

3 Likes

omg how could i ofc

2 Likes

and the makeover change :joy:

4 Likes

Yass

2 Likes

I’m posting the link everywhere, I suggest that you do the same:

3 Likes

A guess…
I think Episode is making an effort to try and achieve this… they know good and well they cant blame EVERY issue on their growth in popularity (which may be why it took so long for them to realize this because, let’s face it, they go by the numbers and data before all else)
Now, what has happened recently to make them look elsewhere? That’s the curious bit for me. Do they see that the platform is becoming overfilled with “filth?” Have they lost writers they used to work with or wanted to work with in the future because these authors refuse to associate themselves with an app overrun by what they may consider “immoral” standards?
Have their current “go to” authors become difficult to work with?
Money is what drives a business… we all know this for a fact. But, with fame comes lots of negativity to… like those who prey on big businesses with any reason to sue. So, What the heck happened to make Episode suddenly change the rules?? These rules are to protect themselves. So who came after them?
Or… maybe, they themselves are tired of the filth and want to get back to stories like Demi, Mean Girls, Ember Effect, etc… Maybe they are just as sick and tired of it as us…
All in all… these rules indicate GOOD changes in regards to content… which brings us, and Episode one step closer to getting back to those “glory days”

Edited to clarify: This whole comment of mine is (an overly thought out :sweat_smile:) GUESS as well as an opinion. At the end of the day, I don’t work at Episode so I have NO facts to offer.

6 Likes

I miss the mean girls/demi era of episodes. Now i scroll through for hours looking for anything decent to read. 90% of wat i find is generic characters or ppl using abusers under the label of “badboy” or bitchy MCs who are labled “strong/sassy/independent” i hate these stories im really runnin outta stuff to read. Most stories i have i just settled for(cliche characters) the good ones never get updated anymore(literally yrs since some have been touched)

4 Likes

How could you forget “chosen one” stories?

4 Likes

Oh my god, guilty!

2 Likes

omg yesssss that’d be so good if they actually did it :sneezing_face:

2 Likes

Ding!

2 Likes