Bug with latest update

With the latest update to the writers portal. Is anybody else experiencing that their characters name and the animation in parentheses next to It is no longer highlighted in their script? Yet if I go to test it- to preview the script, it’s previewing just fine. I tried to create a support ticket for the issue and unfortunately did not get much help on the matter.

5 Likes

Yep some have that issue.

Any way to fix it?

1 Like

I’m not sure

I’ve found that the highlighting is particular about spaces. I have to have 8 spaces before the character name and can’t have spaces within the parentheses.

This works for me:

ALMA (admire_happy)

Doesn’t work (whitespace within the parentheses or too few spaces at the start of the line):

ALMA (   admire_happy)
     ALMA (admire_happy)

Also, I’ve found that clearing the browser cache after updates has helped regarding out of date files related to updates.

Best of luck!

The names and animations were highlighted prior to the update. Since the update, they no longer are but it tests correctly.

1 Like

I haven’t had this issue. Can I see your code? It may have to do with formatting, but it’s possible that it’s also just a glitch.

1 Like

Hmmm, everything looks fine. I’ve had issues like this before; the culprit has always been my browser or browser add-ons. If the problem does not correct itself naturally in the next few days, I would try clearing your browser data like @/Episodic suggested. If you have any site filters, ad blockers, or browser extensions, you can also do some trial and error with those; disable them one at a time and then refresh the page. Sorry, I wasn’t more help. I hope you find the solution soon!

it’s definitely a bug from this past script update. i’m not sure if episode is aware of it or not, but i’d consider sending a ticket with this screenshot attached! :slightly_smiling_face:

I sent a support ticket. I cleared my browser cache, log out and in as instructed, are using chrome as instructed and it still looks like this. I attached the picture above and gave additional information that was requested. No word back.

1 Like

Ah, I see. Well, you won’t get a response from the Episode team immediately, and it might even be slower than usual because so many people are reaching out about bugs, so you may just have to wait until it’s fixed, which will hopefully be soon. :smiling_face:

I hope everything works out for you! :two_hearts:

I ran into that same issue you had, with the names and animations not highlighting, in a new story earlier today.

Update: Now, after restarting my browser and clearing cache, it looks like the highlighting has been fixed :slightly_smiling_face:

I hope it’s back to working for you now! :crossed_fingers:

A workaround from earlier

I did some digging earlier and noticed a lot of errors in the Javascript console; these errors weren’t present in my other stories.

It seems that adding a gain some_flag to the story brought the highlighting back - what a weird scenario!

If you’re still running into highlighting issues, you could try adding a gain to see if that helps.

Best of luck!

Console overview - Chrome Developers

Tools - Safari - Apple Developer

Everything is highlighted again!! I am so relieved!! I just finished my story and wanted to make final tweaks before making it live. I can finally exhale fully. Thank you to everyone who commented. I truly appreciate the input and advice.

2 Likes