Character Point system help

Hi, im just wondering if anybody could help me.
Im using the points system in my story and you get (special points, good points and bad points) based on what choices you choose! *ive made 3 characters for this) but everytime i play my story and just click the (good choices to see if its totaling the points up right its showing that all 3 characters have points when it should only be the good character that has them if if that makes sence? Ive followed the @Dara.Amarie templates for this and created (Honesty, Romance, friendship)

Do you want each of your 3 characters to be able to earn love, honesty, and friendship points? If you do they’ll all need their own.

For example, a character named honesty for once character, one called honesty2 for another etc…

Your ‘good choices’ would then add choices to one of these. So, if character one’s earned an honest point it would be HONESTY +1. This wouldn’t change the other honesty systems you made (e.g., honesty2 and honesty3). Then if character 2 earned an honesty point, it would be HONESTY2 +1. - I hope this makes sense (so the characters aren’t all earning the honesty point - just the one who is making the choice.)

I also recommend at the start of the first episode setting all your point system values to 0 (only do this at the start of episode one or you will be resetting the readers points).

So HONESTY = 0
HONESTY2 = 0
HONESTY3 = 0

FRIENDSHIP =0
FRIENDSHIP2= 0
FRIENDSHIP3 =0

LOVE= 0
LOVE2 =0
LOVE3 = 0

This can stop issues. Sometimes in code they don’t acknowledge that if there are no points it is a zero value - so you have to code that at the beginning.

(I’m not sure if this is what you mean but each character would need their own honesty, love and friendship system if the 3 different characters earn these points)

1 Like

Ive done it as though: So like if the main character in the story (SARA) choose a good choice i would put
Honesty +1
If the character choose a bad choice i would put
Friendship +1
And if the character choose a special choice i would put
Romance +2

Would this work? Or does it need to be how you have wrote it with 3 of each? I hope this makes sence

2 Likes

If points are tied only to one character you don’t need to create multiple (for example) FRIENDSHIP characters to assign the points. If, however, multiple characters can gain points, you’ll need different FRIENDSHIP characters.

Have you tried resetting the story progress before playing it again?

2 Likes

If you only want Honesty, Friendship and Love for the MC that should be working - I misunderstood I thought you meant it was for 3 characters, but you mean you made a character for each of your point systems (e.g., an honesty character, a love character, and a friendship character). You’ve done it correctly x

1 Like

What is it exactly that’s not working? I’m a bit confused on what you mean by ‘everytime i play my story and just click the (good choices to see if its totaling the points up right its showing that all 3 characters have points when it should only be the good character that has them if if that makes sence?’

Aren’t all your point systems good (positive) - but the higher points you have the better? For example, having 4 love points is better than having 1, and the same for friendship and honesty?

1 Like

Ive sorted it now! Thank you I wrote
@friendship +1 ect in the wrong places but ive fixed it.

*i should have worded it a little better i ment everytime i clicked a friendship choices throughout the story at the end it was stating that i also had honesty and romance points when i shouldnt have haha. thank you for helping though :heart:

1 Like

Glad it’s working! Point systems can be really confusing at first :black_heart: