Deleted post!!!

hii!! so i’m a new author on here and i just published the story “I’ll tolerate you”. since i’m new idk what’s looked down upon. so could someone plz teach me on what not to do! i just recently got called out for thread hopping and i didn’t even know that was a thing lol. so to prevent future conflict and etc plz lmk!

2 Likes

I think that thread hopping is when you read only the first or last post of a thread and ask or say stuff that’s already been discussed, I dont really see a problem with it though. Some people are sensitive. And as for your story theres a bit too much CC at the start and it does sometimes lead readers away and get annoyed. I recommend trying to make it so if someone clicks something like a skin color it automatically transfers to the parents. Ive only read the first chapter so ill keep you updated.

1 Like

Thread hopping applies mainly for art shops.

Thread hopping means requesting the same thing at different art shops.

If you request an art piece from a shop and then request the same thing at another shop at the same time, it’s considered as thread hopping. This is just basically waisting the artist’s time. Cuz when you receive both art pieces from the 2 artists, you pick one which is the best and discard the other and it’s also disrespectful to the artist since you don’t trust their work.

So yeah, that’s why art shops have rules. They expect you to read them beforehand and hoping that you’d stick to them. So it is very important to read them before requesting.

It is a very big problem. Cuz people either don’t read or care about the rules. Because why request an art piece from an artist when you don’t clearly trust their work and go ahead request from another artist?! This is just downright disrespectful!

Artist spend a lot of time creating edits/art pieces! It takes 3-5 hours and more than that! But to have it being discarded is just making the artist lose motivation and makes them feel bad thinking that their work is not good enough.

8 Likes

Read @mimiepi’s comment carefully, because she got a point over there. I can’t draw myself (only stick figures), so I have to do it with art-scenes and covers from artists. Those artists give those rules for a reason, they put sweat and tears in their art. So, please, be respectful to those artists. If you request one artist for a cover, just leave it with that artist and don’t go to another one, because that is disrespectful to both artists. And to be honest, most of the artists I work(ed) with are sweethearts.

For the rest: In a story you can’t write against guidelines. Because if you do, your story can get reviewed, removed or banned.
And when you start writing:

• Never compare yourself with big authors. Even big authors started with 0 reads.;
  • Don’t stop promoting. Even if you reach the 1k reads, you still need to promote your story. :wink: When you stop promoting after those 1k reads. Your views will stuck at 1k reads.;
  • Don’t hesitate to ask for help at other authors. They had to start somewhere, too.;
  • Promote at instagram (Facebook) AND/OR on this forum (so you reach more readers);
  • And don’t forget to take breaks. If you have a writer block, don’t forget your story, but take a break and think about something else for a while. But don’t force yourself to write.;
  • Don’t expect you get readers immediately after you published (sounds ridiculous, but there are (starting) authors who think that if you publish magically those readers will appear out of nowhere.);
  • When the first hate mail comes in :point_right: don’t get demotivated. And don’t give up to write. You are here to write, because you like to write, not because that one negative person doesn’t like your story. You are here because you want to publish YOUR story. :wink: ;
  • Do R4R on this forum or ask for feedback from other authors.;
  • Directing advice → Don’t use exit left or right or enters left or right. It changes the size of the characters. So, children will become bigger if they exit or shrink when they enter.;
  • Please, no black screens for narration → use other backgrounds and characters with animations during narration;
  • Check your grammar. Before you publish, just check one more time for grammar and spelling;
  • If you use your own character (authors character) :point_right: don’t use it half of the story-time or a whole episode;
  • Don’t use one whole episode for CC. (If you have CC in your story);

For the rest:

• You also can use: Joseph Evans’s YouTube clips for directing tips, Dara Amarie’s website (https://www.dara-amarie.com) for templates and also help from other authors at this forum;
  • Enjoy to write and don’t hesitate to ask me for more help by PM at this forum or DM on instagram (if you have instagram → @angelwings_1983 ).

Happy reading/writing and stay safe

Love A-W

4 Likes

thank you so so much!!

1 Like

Some people do this to be selfish and rude yes and no matter what situation it is still disrespectful, but I understand some people.

I dont thread hop but I feel as if some people that do don’t have any mean intent. You have to kinda see where they are coming from because what if the art isn’t up to expectations and you have to request somewhere else? Some people have to wait weeks in order to get art that takes only a few seconds to an hour to code a scene for. A lot of people don’t like to wait and even though that doesn’t give them an excuse to thread hop it does leave them with an alternative.

Artists do spend a lot of time doing what they love, and their passion can be ruined by people thread hopping but use that as fuel. It doesn’t matter if your work isn’t ideal to them, you still have people requesting for YOUR art and they WANT to use your art and appreciate it. Focus on the good not the bad, there are ways to stop thread hopping as well. Just look at their profile and look at their posts and if you see that they are thread hopping just dont answer their request.

I see where you are coming from though so I appreciate the clarity!

1 Like