Did the story Keeping Him Tight copy the plot from The Teacher?

I just realized how similar they are. Both stories include having affairs with your math teacher and living with him as well lmao as the mom goes out of town. How original.

4 Likes

I thought I was the only one that noticed :tipping_hand_woman::point_right::eyes::ear:

2 Likes

I wonder if miss monarch knows how heavily “inspired” this story is lol

2 Likes

Right, that’s why I really don’t read stories on episode like that, because you just get that idea and suddenly you write it.

haha ikr. It’s ridiculous and gross. And that story has terrible grammar.

1 Like

lol she already did when she posted a pic of her comments but deleted shortly after :joy:

2 Likes

Oh wasn’t there something else as well? When she called out someone else (without mentioning names) as then the author of Keeping it Tight assumed it was her? I remember a back-and-forth IG story thing going on :rofl:

3 Likes

Does anyone know what the title “Keeping him tight” means, I have been genuinely confused for months.

6 Likes

lol just this weekend she posted screenshots in her ig story of the author of keeping him tight commenting on episodes Instagram post in which she was complaining about not getting paid because of the trending glitch but it was deleted very soon :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I haven’t read either of the stories but I assume it might mean (here’s the English lit student in me trying to analyse everything) like keeping him close? Close as though the two are well connected and sneaky so no one will find out about their relationship. The tight bit all I can think of is the author making a sexual reference (tough the close bit kinda does this already if you think about it in the physical sense). Idk if that’s what it means or if the author even thought it out this much?

4 Likes

Wow, I need to hire you to come up with the titles for my stories :joy: I never think them through that much, when I can think of them at all.

2 Likes

That would make the most logical sense.

My brain was trying to come up with all kinds of… inappropriate meanings :flushed:

9 Likes

No problem, it’s got me questioning all my story titles too, I didn’t put this much thought into them! :joy:

I think you’re probably right. Thinking of the nature of the story (and the cover I’ve just realised just wow) inappropriate meanings might work though :woman_facepalming:

Its amazing how many stories on the app copy plots from other popular stories. I mean, many stories will have similar themes, but there are others that you read and you can’t help but think… did they just take this plot from …
I can think of quite a few stories that do this, but of course, fans of the knock off story don’t care, and Episode doesn’t care (mostly because they do it themselves).

I have seen a case where the author of the original version says something, and all the sudden they are called a bully, petty, or whatever.

Also, I will say, there is one in particular, where the original author has said nothing but seems to be made out to be a bully and ridiculed by the author of the knockoff as well as fans of the knockoff, all because fans of the original have called out the knock off.

6 Likes

Oh, copycats being held accountable? How dare the author defend her work? :exploding_head:

9 Likes

Why are they allowed to steal my work, literally breaking laws, but I’m not allowed to point them out to my followers who might mistake their stories for mine, essentially robbing me? There’s no logic in what you’re saying. If you saw someone taking stuff from a store, the most normal thing to do is to call them out. Who on earth would say “Oh, no, don’t call them out, you might hurt their feelings.” Stealing is stealing so why should my business be treated differently?

And why do you think it’s your place to tell me how much I should care? Every read those people gain from my work is reads I lose. Little strokes fell great oaks. I take all of them seriously, no matter the size, as is my right.

It kinda sounds like victim blaming to me. I’m not sorry for taking my job seriously and I’m not sorry for disrespecting people who do the same to me. If they can’t handle the heat, then they shouldn’t start the fire. There’s really no excuse for stealing other people’s work and there’s really nothing else to say.

21 Likes

It doesn’t matter who stole the plot, it could be a writer with 2 reads in total or Episode themselves. It’s still downright wrong, not to mention illegal.

7 Likes

Someone really had the audacity to do that…Smh.

3 Likes

Let’s be honest here: if you hadn’t publicly shamed the people with barely any reads, some people would have complained about the fact that you only care if people are gaining popularity from your intellectual property, instead of this being about theft. You can’t win.

I don’t understand people who act like the thief is a victim. They’re doing something that’s morally wrong and completely illegal, yet people protect them like they’re the ones who are being wronged. Plagiarism is illegal, so you calling them out to your followers is nothing to what you could actually do to them, like give them a cease and desist order and then (if they fail to comply) suing them. You’re being pretty nice about it

7 Likes