Directing Help and Tips

Hi all, I’m new to using Episode’s forums so I don’t know If I’m doing this right but I need help with some coding. When I spot direct my character (meaning when I scale them to a specific size) when I have them walk on screen with that specific scale size my characters keep glitching because they go back to their original size. I have looked at so many different forums with example scrips and I cannot figure out how to do this

If you pasted your code, someone might be able to help 🫶🏼

It may happen if you’re using exits command for example, @CHAR exits left or enters command @CHAR enters from right to upscreen left or even walks command but with position and not spot @CHAR walks to screen right - no matter if you use scale to have your character, with this type of coding, they’ll be back to the default size.

You have to spot them and use spot directing with walking later
@CHARACTER spot % x y in zone # at layer #

example: @CHARACTER spot 0.98 -100 130 in zone 2 at layer 3 and CHARACTER faces right and CHARACTER walks to spot 0.98 125 130 in zone 2 in 5
this way hey stay in the right size: 0.98 and they’re walking on the same line 130
I recommend you to check Dara’s page for coding guides:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.