Discussion: Venomous

Arguably one of the better featured stories, I’d love to hear your thoughts on it. It features Maria (avenging her murdered father) and her partner Jeremy, undercover detectives, hiding as members of the Vipel Carter - the most feared gang in town. Maria falls in love with the leader, which kinda leads to her own demise.

I realised the story ticks most of the cliches in the book, but it’s somewhat written well.

1 Like

I actually just started reading it, and so far it seems to work well as a crime/mystery/drama story with meaningful choices such as the gem choice of deciding the undercover role.

Plus Maria and Jeremy’s backstory is pretty sweet

2 Likes

I;d say directing isn’t great, tho

1 Like

True, I swear in one of the flashback narration scenes, you can still see Maria and Jeremy’s legs in a starlit sky

I LOVE how the lead is a woman of color. Finally some representation. I don’t like the love interest though he’s kind of cliched but that’s what people want. I liked the story overall besides the romance part.

2 Likes

I loved this story!! It was really a good crime/romance story and pretty unique…one of the only featured stories I read

1 Like

It’s the best featured story in my opinion. :+1:

This is actually one of my favorite stories, especially some of the characters and the set designs. But every time Ian came on screen with his “icy-blue eyes”, I choked with laughter. Yes, he was “sexy”, but hearing about his “icy-blue eyes” every other narration really killed the mood for me.

1 Like