Favourite Church Hymns?

Currently, at my church we are not allowed to sing, they’ve taken the point of releasing the restrictions slowly. But I am hoping to do a songs of praise service, whereby people list their favourite songs and we fit in readings around those hymns. Below is the list of hymns I would like to include, but what hymns would you put in the ring if you did a similar service at your church if indeed you do attend church?

1. As the Deer Pants for the Water,

2. Dear Lord and Father of Mankind,

3. For Mary Mother of our Lord,

4. Let all the world in every corner sing, and

5. O Jesus I have promised

9 Likes
  1. Nearer My God To Thee
  2. Battle Hymn of the Republic
  3. Doxology
  4. Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing
  5. Heaven Came Down
  6. Be Thou My Vision

And for Christmas: O Come O Come Emmanuel

6 Likes

I only know Be Thou My Vision and O Come O Come Emmanuel from your list.

3 Likes

‘In Christ Alone’ is a bop, I love how it tells the story of Christ (in my church we sing the part about the tomb quietly and then sing the line “Then bursting forth in glorious day” very loudly, it’s awesome).

‘The Trees of the Field’ (will clap their hands) is kinda nostalgic for me, as is “Lord of Dance”. We used to sing them in primary school assemblies, and I don’t care what anyone says, it was way better than singing “You got a friend in me” from Toy Story for the millionth time.

My other personal favorite is “My Lighthouse” by Rend Collective. It was the song I became a Christain to (I was raised a Christian, but I believed for myself later on), and it can still make me cry.

There’s others, but this is long enough as it is XD

4 Likes

Here are my favourites:

1. Who am I
  2. Above All
  3. Here I am to Worship
  4. You Are My All in All
  5. How Great is Our God

I don’t know the songs mentioned above but I will definitely listen to them later.:wink:

5 Likes

I don’t recognise any of yours, so that’s fair :blush:

2 Likes

The only one of yours I don’t recognise is My Lighthouse. My favourite from your list is Lord of the Dance. We used to sing that along with Give Me Oil in my Lamp and He’s got the Whole World in his hands in our school assemblies.

1 Like

My Lighthouse is really good. If you’re ever feeling like giving up on Christ it’s a very encouraging song to listen to.

1 Like

Be Thou My Vision

Come Thou Fount

Blessed Assurance

Amazing Grace

Take My Life and Let it Be

Joyful Joyful

In Christ Alone

Jesus Paid it All

I could go all day because I love hymns :sweat_smile:. We sing the Doxology every time we take communion at my church. Shane and Shane and Jimmy Needham have great hymn remixes if you wanna check them out (I can’t remember off the top of my head who sings what).

5 Likes

I love Be Thou my Vision and In Christ Alone.

4 Likes
  • Praise the Lord (to God be the Glory)
  • There is Power in the Blood
  • How Great is Our God
  • Amazing Grace

Among others that I can’t remember right now… and as for Christmas hymns:

• Joy to the World
  • Oh Holy Night
  • Hark, the Herald Angels Sing
  • The First Noel
  • Silent Night

And more!

5 Likes

For me my favourite Christmas hymns are:

O Come O Come Emmanuel
See Amid the Winter’s Snow
In the Bleak Midwinter
Hark the Herald Angels Sing
Good King Wenceslas

3 Likes

I just remembered another favorite: Hear Our Praises. :grin:

I forgot this one! That last verse is so powerful.

3 Likes

I love it, it’s one of the hymns we have on a separate sheet, its not in our hymns books, along with a hymn called Let us Build a house (also known as All Are Welcome), which I love, here it is if you don’t know it:

(4) All Are Welcome - YouTube

3 Likes

I don’t know a lot of church songs mainly because the type of church I go to doesn’t sing a lot of songs, plus my church broke up somehow :cry: :sob:

But my Favorites are:
-King of Kings
-O Come to the Altar
-Great Are You Lord
-What a Beautiful Name

Edit: Oh yea and my favorite of all, Worthy is the Lamb, Oh and also God’s Not Dead

I’ve never heard any of those, what type of church do you go to? I’m Church of England (Anglican).

1 Like

I have here a playlist of hymns I made on Spotify ages ago. It goes in order of my favourite hymns from the hymn book we use at my Church followed by other covers of those same songs.

2 Likes

Well, the regular type of church I go to doesn’t do hymns at all (which was the church I said that broke up)
The church I go to rn (well, they still haven’t started but…) is a Presbytarian church, it’s spelled wrong btw.

Btw the church is called Eastchester Presbytarian Church (Again I spelled it wrong)

What do you mean by regular type of Church? There’s no such thing as there are so many denominations of Christianity.

1 Like