Gaining skin tones

so im doing a thing where u have to pick what skin tone u chose so ik which overlays to use for it, how would i code that?

I would use gains.
e.g. when someone has chosen the skin tone they want, they will then earn a gain

Then when it’s time to use the overlays for the certain skin tone, I would use an if statement.

if (skin_light) {

@overlay stuff here
}

if (skin_medium) {

@overlay stuff here
}

if (skin_dark) {

@overlay stuff here
}

1 Like

could u show how itll look in the script when i have them gain it

1 Like

I think you need to use “elif” and “else”.

I’ll try to do a rough one.

But when you give them the choice to pick between usually three choices, after they select it, straight after I usually add my gain there.

(maybe it’s tappable where readers can see the colour and then tap on it, and earn the gain straight away
Or maybe it’s 3 choices, and when they tap on it they get to see what the colour looks like. It may then ask, ‘are you sure?’ And when they have clicked ‘yes’, that’s when they earn the gain.)

Let’s do 3 choices and not tappable

NARR
Pick the skin tone closest to your character.

choice
“Light” {
gain light_skintone

} “Medium” {
gain medium_skintone

} “Dark” {
gain dark_skintone

}

NARR
On with the story!

1 Like

You could do that but I would say gains is easiest in this case. I would use elif and else for more for basic choices, but even then I still use gains

2 Likes

thank u! im going to do tapable so ill replace choice

1 Like

and ill put the are u sure choice in each bracket or after this one

1 Like

Yeah! I forgot to do that since I was rushing back to do my own story. :joy_cat: :sob:

And you should put it in each choice not at the end. If you put it at the end and they go through all the choices they’ll earn all the gains I’m guessing :sob:

So only when they’ve clicked ‘yes’ after the ‘are you sure’ choice, they will earn the gain

1 Like

:joy: it’s fine so in each bracket? Anyways tho thanks for helping have fun coding!

1 Like

okay! tyy time for some trial and error

1 Like

Maybe try naming the skin tone choice and then (before the overlay scenes) do an if/elif/else with the different options

i already got help for this thank u tho <3

1 Like