Gun animation bug

So I was writing episode 12 of Monster Castle and then when I was trying to get one of my characters to use a gun, my intention was to add the gun prop after my character starts shooting but then the writer portal did a glitch to where it shows it around the part of the scene where my character to the right on the bottom picture enters in. Can someone please help me on what I should do to correct this problem or something. Here’s some pictures on where it does it along with the script:
Screenshot_1

1 Like

So…the gun is showing up when it not supposed to? Like how? I am kinda confused sorry…

1 Like

So in my script my intention was to add the gun prop after my character started shooting after in the script on where it says shoot_loop. But I know I did cut a tiny part of my script off but on the Writer Portal the gun prop showed up when my character to the right first entered in instead of showing up after my character started shooting his gun. I tested it on the app and it did what I was intending for it to do but on the Writer Portal it basically messed up my script. Here is what it really basically did on the Writer Portal with better terms:

This picture is basically how the Writer Portal showed the prop from where my character to the right entered in:
Screenshot_1
Part one in my script to where my character to the right enters in and the prop showed up when he enters in the scene:

Part two of my script on where I was trying to intentionally add the prop after he started shooting:

This might help. But I kinda dont know besides taking away the prop at the begginging of the scene just in case.
Make sure to do:
@remove Handgun from CHARACTER
Change CHARACTER to your characters name.

1 Like

Thanks I will try to do that.

1 Like

Of course!

1 Like

Well after a few tries, the Writer Portal finally didn’t show the gun prop when my character to the right first entered. Thanks for your help :slight_smile: !
Screenshot_4

1 Like

Great!

1 Like

If you preview the same scene again after the prop has been added previously, the script won’t recognise that he doesn’t have a gun.

If you refresh the page and preview again, he won’t have it in his hands.

2 Likes

Well after a few tries that I have done last night I took @Danielle318 's advice on somewhere in the script to remove the prop, etc. I had to basically update my script or reload it a few times and eventually it finally showed up at the right time. But I understand what you are trying to say as well and I appreciate your help and input on that too. :slight_smile: :innocent:

2 Likes

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this sounds more like a coding issue than a bug. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.