Hate girlboss/"strong/independent" females

May be controversial…but…I gotta ask it or know.

Is anyone sick of that. Ive never been a fan but its seriously bugging me now. These characters everyone wants to praise.

Theyre rude but tht gets replaced with uwu sassy.

Theyre disrespectful but thts just her strength

She hates dresses and girly things. Shes alt and cool…but somehow misunderstood too.

Again cant stress enough shes b1tchy but ppl love her for somehow standing up for herself when SHES NOT DOING THAT!

I hate this character type and its all I see. Characters can be strong without being THAT.

And shes abusive BUT ITS FUNNY NOT ONLY IS IT FUNNY BUT shes only doing these things cuz shes sooooo gaurded and senstive underneath ;_;

Like ppl wanna whine about the saying if a GUY PICKS ON A GIRL IT MEANS HE LIKES HER AND HOW THATS WRONG

BUT

NO ONE

NO ONE SAYS if a GIRL is MEAN TO PEOPLE THAT DOESNT MEAN SHES SECRETLY A SOFTIE N JUST NEEDS LUV or whatever.

6 Likes

i think these kinds of character’s are usually written by people who believe they’re quirky or different from others :skull:

3 Likes

It’s basically the whole “not like other girls thing” If it was reinvented with every quirky girl category from the 2020s

2 Likes

LOL I’m right there with you- but with a caveat. I think this type of character can be really annoying and unlikeable when these traits are written as positive. When they’re written as somewhat negative traits, it can offer characters chances to be redeemed or go through some sort of character arc. It also matters how the characters around them are written- it can be irritating when everyone else is cool with her bad attitude and sassiness just because it’s “quirky” like you said. Acting like a jerk, female or male, is always so irritating to me with characters, especially when it’s played as charming. It’s one thing to have good intentions and be a “softie” underneath, but at the end of the day, how you treat people makes an impact.

Ive only ever seen these things portrayed as positive but not like I stick around long enough for any redemptions…if there was any

Uhhhhg ik and it still feels somehow WORSE x.x

yes honestly i couldn’t care if someone is like that; to each their own lmao and i’m not a super nice person either so as long as you’re not a bully or a raging asshole you’re fine by me :see_no_evil: the problem is they’re so glorified :skull::skull: like ok so maybe being a girlboss is not my end goal… guess i’ll just be like the other girls then?? so "main character"esque especially because they’re usually more cocky than confident… girl get over yourself (and yes i know they usually are the main characters but like…)
that probably didn’t make much sense lol but oh well maybe that’s just me being quirky :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.