How can i improve this background?

heyyy, i’m trying to learn to make backgrounds and i tried to make a boho themed bedroom. however, i feel something is missing. what should i add to make it look less… well the way it is?

(this is my first ever time trying so pls be kind!)

2 Likes

Lights?

1 Like

Maybe a bookshelf or a nightstand?

1 Like

Try playing with some “paint” color on the walls. Since the floors and the bed have a warmer ‘earthy’ tone - a neutral/soft shade of green-grey or a softer “smoky” blue shade (similar to the accent pillow on the bed) to tie the space together and feel more ‘inviting’ to look at.

Maybe add a boho-inspired hanging-style light fixture in the front-center portion (moving it up so that it’s not covering your hanging vines) will help add some visual height to your room. People think of chandeliers as tall/long light fixtures (not actually always the case lol) – so if only the bottom portions are visible, their brain assumes high ceilings (a trick realtors sometimes play with those online photos :joy:)

One more thing: back-left of your rug is up on your baseboard and is slightly off-angle compared to your back-right. I would try to flatten it down to show a similar amount of the floor on the right-back of the rug.

Realizing I left off: Other than the rug - your proportions look good, the furniture/flooring color work very well together and overall is a good looking bedroom. :slight_smile: Good job and keep creating!

1 Like

Honestly, the only thing it REALLY needs are :sparkles:shadows :sparkles:
It looks great, but none of the furniture are dropping shadows, so it looks a bit flat.

Also this :point_up: Rug goes over the wall a little, so it looks like the perspective is off, buut it probably won’t be noticeable in the story.

As a pro-tip you can also try adding soft rays from the windows!

Bonus points if the light also drops on the floor, kind of like this:

Keep up the great work!!! :heartpulse:

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thank youuuuuu

1 Like