How do I start a story about a girl who falls in love with her best friend?

Thanks! One last thing, if you don’t mind, what should the description be?

P.S. The Main characters names are Alice & Brandon

Hmm that’s up to you to decide!

Quickly gonna chime in a potential point.

Perhaps it can start off like this guy (let’s call him Riven for now). So, Riven is a loner, he’s tall, handsome and extremely intimidating. He does not speak much and people do not intend to speak to him either however when he does speak. It is always meaningful.

New girl - she comes in and is being surrounded by all these people. She is overwhelmed and Riven notices her distress. In a rare out of character circumatance, he approaches the girl and tells everybody to leave her be.

Everybody is gossiping and shocked by him speaking.

To add a unique twist you may want to write from a male perspective and at times, in second person.

Okay I said Riven lol but I know the guy is called Brandon sorry haha

I can’t come up with anything…

You have time!

Fair point. BTW, what do you think of this:

It can start off like this guy (let’s call him Riven for now). So, Riven is a loner, he’s tall, handsome and extremely intimidating. He does not speak much and people do not intend to speak to him either however when he does speak. It is always meaningful.
New girl - she comes in and is being surrounded by all these people. She is overwhelmed and Riven notices her distress. In a rare out of character circumatance, he approaches the girl and tells everybody to leave her be.
Everybody is gossiping and shocked by him speaking.

I like it!

Then how should the “best friend” thing happen?

1 Like

It should be eased in. Maybe the girl is like hey thanks. He is like yeah, it’s cool. He walks away. She is confused by the encounter and she makes some new friends (maybe a girl and a boy).

When she goes home, she gets flashbacks about him talking to her.

The next day she comes in late and finds the only spare seat is next to Riven. They start talking a bit more and actually Riven offers perhaps they could have lunch.

Riven gradually opens up more and more. An explanation of why he is such a loner can be given too. Maybe he lost somebody (close friend passed away for instance). He used to be a lot more social, best setting for this to be told about is on a beach under the moonlight during a friend date.

The girl still hangs out with the other friends but slowly drifts away from them to spend time with Riven.

Maybe as a point of conflict - the girl does something reckless that causes Riven and her to be apart from each other.

I like the first idea, not the second no offense

1 Like

None taken haha - it is your story after all :sparkling_heart:

:smile: Could you help me come up with a discription?

1 Like

Right, I am so crap at descriptions. Some people were kind enough to help me come up with a description - like @Jadlyss (sorry for summoning you again haha)

Which perspective will you write the story from?

The girl’s

1 Like

Ah okay - maybe for some parts have his perspective to help with character development.

Okay!!

1 Like

Should it start with the girl getting up and ready for her first day?

1 Like