I need help with a coding issue!

So, I already knew I was going to need help with this but I’m trying to have my character back up, or “step left” because I’m using the animation “step_left_neutral”, I just need someone to tell me how to do it. The way I have it, she moves to the spot and then does the animation so how do I make her move and do it at the same time?? I tried @CHAR walks to spot blah blah AND CHAR is step_left_neutral and obviously, that didn’t work lol. Anyway, I’ll include a photo of my script!
AAC9C4B4-D3E6-494B-86A7-884B1E153F2A_4_5005_c

Hmm… I rarely use that animation, but I’d do it like this:

@CHAR is step_left_neutral and CHAR spot X X X in zone 1 and CHAR faces right

I tried that, it didn’t work. :frowning: she still like teleports to that spot and then does the animation

It depends on the spot she is in and your next spot - for me, it works. I tried with a small difference, and even if there is a slight delay (and I mean a 0.000001 time frame), she makes a move with a beat.

Mhm, okay, I guess it could be that I’m trying to make her step further away from another character and maybe it’s too far. Thank you for your help!

Yeah, could be, that animation is small, it’s literally a half step for me, so I wouldn’t set a spot far away. No worries and good luck. ;3

1 Like

Hey,
So you put @CHAR is step_left_neutral and CHAR walks to spot X X X in zone 1 in 2 and CHAR faces right

Hope that helps x

1 Like

I would code it like @CHAR walks to spot 0.655 260 252 in zone 1 at layer 5 AND CHAR faces right AND CHAR does it while step_left_neutral

1 Like

That worked! Thank you so much :blush:

2 Likes

No problem! A lot of people don’t know the does it while code for walking :slight_smile:

Can someone help me with coding my overlay by getting it to move with the character? I can post the scene that way you can tell how it’s supposed to move if it helps. Please Help!