Is anyone applying to colleges right now?

So I’m applying to a lot of schools because I don’t want to end up somewhere I don’t like if I don’t make it in one. And honestly, it’s really stressful and causing me to have a lot of breakdowns. I wanted to know if anyone is going through the same thing or has any advice?

2 Likes

I’m applying to colleges and stuff, Im from the UK and in my final year in school so it’s causing me a lot of stress.

The way I do it is try and set myself on a path, I also look at my different options I want to do and see which would be best for me

2 Likes

How do you deal with the stress? My burnout is so bad right now that I can’t even think.

1 Like

I usually draw, listen to music or go and skate (if its daytime)

I do activities that usually calm me down. Painting is something that’s fun for me. Or I talk to my friends and arrange to meet up. Just small things that might take your mind off it, like having a bath or shower.

1 Like

I am worried because although I would love to do something fun, I am extremely rushed for time and I need a way to get my mind back in the game fast

1 Like

Try some breathing techniques or have a snack whilst you’re doing it, a stressed mind needs fuel

1 Like

That sounds like a good idea. Do you have any tips for staying focused while working?

1 Like

I usually set myself tasks and stuff and then “reward” myself.

Example:

When I finish this I can have (phone, food I like, a break for 5 minutes)

Just something to look forward to

1 Like

Ive been going to Ultimate Medical Academy since october

1 Like

I’m with you! I waited the last minute to get my applications in on time so that my guidance counselor could send my transcripts. The struggle is real. I don’t even know what major I want, yet. But keep going on your application process! You can do it!

1 Like

I come from France, so I guess the system is much different from UK/US but anyway, senior year/12th grade (i think thats the equivalent) is very important for us too.

I cope with this by talking to other people in my class. There was the time when anything related to further studies was kind of a sensitive subject, because most of us were indecisive. Now we can’t pretend anymore (sadly…) but the positive aspect is that you can discover a LOT if you pay attention to everyone’s project.

The point is obviously not to force yourself to go somewhere you didn’t want to just because someone said it was their plan.
However, I personnally experienced that when you’re listening to someone talking about their projects and ambitions they’re truly interested about, it can actually be very inspiring. The counterpart is that you need to talk to others. ( other than your friends…yeah… i know…)

My whole point here is that you need to be open-minded and not hide yourself behind a single project. Without drowning in negative thought, you need to prepare and anticipate what would happen if you don’t make it into your college A, then college B, then college C… You need to be prepare for any inconvenience and I think communicating with others is really a great way to work on your flexibility.

Good luck !

2 Likes

I went through this exact same experience 2 years ago I think? :sweat_smile:

I got through it by treating myself (food, hangout with friends etc) whenever I found myself too overwhelmed (Knowing the highest limit of stress was important for me - I just had to stop when it hit that point) :ok_woman:t2:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.