Is there a template for character shaking head saying yes?

So, the scene will be as if the person is looking at the psych from 1st person, so there’s no other character on the screen, just the psychologist.
To say yes, I wanted to give the impression as if the person playing the story shaked the head agreeing but I don’t know how to do it.

There is no sit nod animation but there is listen_nod_happy_loop or listen_nod_neutral_loop. You could maybe make it look like they are sat, if you use a zoom so the scene isn’t showing the legs :thinking: give it a try and see if you could scale the character and layer them through the chair or something :thinking: unless anyone else has seen any sit animations that could be used instead :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No, that’s not what I meant.
I just need the movement.

You could use zoom commands to make the “view” go up and down a few times.

Ex: @zoom on x y to % in s THEN zoom on x y to % in s THEN zoom on x y to % in s THEN zoom on x y to % in s THEN zoom on x y to % in s
With the last zoom being the “normal” view (no longer nodding).

You could also split them up if you wanted to:
@zoom on x y to % in s
@zoom on x y to % in s
@zoom on x y to % in s
@zoom on x y to % in s
@zoom on x y to % in s

x = x coordinate, y = y coordinate, % = zoom percentage and s = number of seconds for the zoom to happen. I suppose you could also try adding easeout, easeinout effects for the zooms too to make them smoother e.g adding “using easeinout” at the end of a zoom command. I can’t remember if adding the ease effects will work with the first layout though, but I know for sure it will work with the second code layout

1 Like

Thank you so much!
I’m going to try right now and I’ll come back to say if it worked.

1 Like

No problem!
You can also use decimals in your seconds too, like 0.5 for example if you want the “nod” to happen quicker. (:
I hope it works for you.

1 Like

OMG. It worked! haha, I’m so glad. Can’t thank you enough for the help.
Btw, do you know how do I make the person blink? I tried using this:

@transition fade out white in 3
@transition fade in black in 3
@transition fade out white in 3
@transition fade in black in 3

The first transition was: in - out - in - out; BUT, it wasn’t looking like someone blinking or opening the eyes.

1 Like

You’re very welcome! :smile:

This is my answer from another thread:

Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s achievable with transitions so I definitely recommend using overlays for blinking

On that same thread, Cait shared a link (haven’t tried the link myself tho) which might be more straightforward and quick for your story if you don’t want to make your own overlays and write your own code?

1 Like

Thanks!
I’m going to take a look!
Can I give you credit for the nod thing?

1 Like

I don’t really need credit, but you can if you’d like to. I don’t mind either way, I’m just glad I could help out a fellow author! c:

1 Like

:rofl: my bad, I need to stop skim reading things :skull:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.