I've got NAPLAN tomorrow

OMG I have NAPLAN for English (writing) tomorrow morning I’m so nervous

2 Likes

Oh this bring back memories. They make it out to be such a big deal, but it literally goes towards nothing. I’m pretty sure it’s only used to measure how your school is doing. Like if your whole grade tanks English, they know that’s what your school needs to improve teaching hahaha, no reason to be nervous at all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thx I’m in yr 7 what are U im

1 Like

I finished school a few years ago. Year 7 one might seem the scariest because they usually put you in a hall and make it feel more official, but it’s nbd

2 Likes

Yep thx U really calmed me down

1 Like

Well it’s nothing to be nervous about. I remember doing NAPLAN in grades 3 and 5… I can’t even remember what my marks were. Just try your best, it’ll be fine. And like @/amberose said, it’s actually no big deal. I don’t remember it leading towards or influencing anything else in my future.

2 Likes

No worries

I’m so old that it was called the Basic Skills Test when I did it in year 3 and 5 :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

Really? :joy: Well for me it was always NAPLAN. I didn’t have to do it in year 7 and 9, cause I moved to Melbourne at the beginning of grade 7, and I don’t think they did it there.

4 Likes

I think it changed when I was in year 6? Or maybe it was year 8 :flushed: So so so so old

Of course Melbourne wouldn’t :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Realleh? My cousin in year seven does NAPLAN…she lives in Melbourne. Weirdzaz :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

G’lucsk @Blonde_girl. Duun’t stress, NAPLAN scores are pointless :love_you_gesture::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Hmm well I’m not too sure then. I moved at the end of grade 6 and started grade 7 afterwards. And I actually don’t remember doing it. Maybe it was only my school then.

1 Like

I had a kind of thing like this in grades 5 and 7, don’t know if it’s the exact same thing in another country, but I think sorta… It’s super stressful but it’s really not that big of a deal, you’ll be okay, don’t worry

I don’t remember doing NAPLAN here in RAdelaide, it’s been like 19years since I was in grade 7 :scream: I’m soo old :sweat::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: