Language Exchange

I used to hate it when I started out, but when I figured out that they’re basically just made up of lots of radicals it made it easier to come up with mnemonics. So whenever I have to write my address and can’t remember how to write 新 I just kind of mumble to myself, “standing on a tree…”

My first language is French but I’m pretty good at English tho

1 Like

Oh gosh the ones with 500 strokes! They terrify me! The sad thing about languages for me is that the more I learn, the more I realise that I know so little! :joy:

Привет! Я сейчас говорю по-русски. Кто думает что это впечатляет? :smirk:

1 Like

Lol, this is what I said:
Hi! Right now I’m talking in Russian. Who thinks that that’s impressive?

1 Like

And here I am all proud that I can read it despite being unable to understand a word beyond ‘русски.’ XD

My first language is Romanian but I fully can’t read or write, lol. It’s because I’ve lived in Britain for my whole life (I was born here) and I just adapted to it. I’m learning Spanish in school, which is easier for me because I know Romanian and they are both latin based languages. But the thing is instead of speaking proper English, most of my vocabulary is slang and I need to stop before I do my speaking test in GCSE, lmao.

1 Like

@dasha_author I have never been more proud of being able to read (phonetically but whatever) Russian. Although I only understood Привет and русски haha

And @feck.b I can help you with Spanish if you’d like, also, it’s amazing you know Romanian, I feel like that’s a language that needs more recognition.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll for sure ask you if I need help with homework or something.

1 Like

If you ever have any questions about the English GCSE, I am a tutor by trade, so I’d be happy to help you! Also, check out my Grammar Thread if you want to brush up on the common mistakes!

1 Like

Thank you!

My first language is german, I speak and understand also english and french. Dutch I can only unterstand a little bit also spanish and italian. I would love to lern speaking italian as well. I try to raise my 4 kids with german and english.

That’s an amazing way to raise your kids! They will sure enjoy knowing both English and German.

And I’m impressed at how many languages you manage.

1 Like

Thank you :kissing_heart:

1 Like

You’re welcome

English, Spanish, some Italian, some French

Yaay, another Spanish speaker! (Who also know some French, this is nice :3)

Romantic languages have pronunciations that sound a lot a like lolll

Yep, they do. That’s one of the reasons why I want to learn Latin

Latin is soooo difficult to lern… I can’t get it in my head. Dunno why