Need help with overlay movement

Hey,
I’m trying to move my overlay with my character. Like it’s a scene where I’m using Bloodstain as overlay on the clothes. I want it to move with the character while she’s running, I mean I want the stain to remain on her clothes while she’s running.
I’ve tried to use this code
&overlay BLOODSTAIN shifts to x y
&overlay BLOODSTAIN scales to a b
@overlay BLOODSTAIN opacity 1

but it doesn’t work for me. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you :blush:

1 Like

You also need to set the time.

What are the spots of your character?

If you share your overlay, someone can create a template for you.

1 Like

Ok, then. I’ll try using time. Thank you. :heart:And if I can’t, I’ll share the overlay.

did you use the create command first?

1 Like

I used it with the background using “with”

oh okay then. I think it would be easier if you used the create command, because you would probably want the overlay to appear, when the character is in the scene.

1 Like

It’s not actually creating a problem right now but I’ll keep that in mind because things don’t work the same way for me everytime :sweat_smile:. I’m just struggling with the overlay to move following the Character’s movement and I found it’s too much work 🤦

1 Like

Try to put the opacity in front of the moving command so you can see it move!

PUT BACKGROUND HERE
&zoom (whatever your zoom is)
&overlay PUT OVERLAY HERE create
&overlay PUT OVERLAY HERE to layer WHATEVER LAYER YOU PUT (make sure it’s in front of the character)
&overlay PUT OVERLAY HERE +FIRST DESTINATION BEFORE IT MOVES shifts to PLACE IT SHIFTS
&overlay PUT OVERLAY HERE+FIRST DESTINATION BEFORE IT MOVES scales to SIZE IT SCALES
&overlay PUT OVERLAY HERE opacity 1 in 0

(And then plot your character, and any other overlays or background characters)
(And then you have to do sum like:)

@pause for a beat

&CHARACTER walks to spot PUT DETAILS HERE in WHATEVER TIME YOU WANT and CHARACTER faces PUT LEFT OR RIGHT and CHARACTER does it while PUT ANIMATION HERE
&overlay PUT OVERLAY HERE shifts to PUT COORDINATES HERE in PUT TIME HERE

(Make sure to put a piece of coding like “@pause for WHATEVER AMOUNT OF TIME CHARACTER IS RUNNING FOR AND OVERLAY IS MOVING TO”)

I mean, I hope this helps! Feel free to pm me in you have any questions <3

1 Like

Yeah i can understand that :joy:

1 Like

Thank you so much, I’ll try to implement this. :heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.