Overlay help please and thank you

So I added my overlay to my background and spotted it where I needed it and then put
@overlay OL NAME opacity 0 because I needed it for feather into the scene and not right away, well I have tried to add it to the scene by putting @overlay OL NAME opacity 1 in 1
It says I can’t do that?

If someone could help me please. I can’t update with my new Episode tell I get this one overlay to work

Maybe try putting it this way and delete the with OVERLAY at the background
@overlay OVERLAYNAME create
@overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity 0
Dialog
@overlay OVERLAYNAME opacity 1 in 1

i don’t know if this wors but you can always try

1 Like

Thank you it is weath giving it a try, I’ll let you know if works or not :slight_smile:

Question though how would I get in zone 3 and where I need it if I take it out of the background spot?

INT. OUTSIDEHALLOWEEN - NIGHT with BOY TRUCK to 0.586 140 89 in zone 3 with BROWN BEAR to 0.154 91 106 in zone 3 with TANARM11 to 0.118 21 205 in zone 3

This is how I have it now

The TANARM11 is the only one I need to not show up till later

Maybe you can first put the arm in a different zone like zone 1 and when you need to use it just shift it back to zone 3?

if you put it into that other zone the readers can´t see it

I can’t because I have the scene starting in zone 1

alright wait a sec I will create an example code maybe it will work for you

INT. OUTSIDEHALLOWEEN - NIGHT with BOY TRUCK to 0.586 140 89 in zone 3 with BROWN BEAR to 0.154 91 106 in zone 3

you´re scenes or whatever you put here

@overlay TANARM11 create
@overlay TANARM11 shifts to 0.118 21 205
@overlay TANARM11 scales to 0.226 0.226
@overlay TANARM11 opacity 1

this will create the overlay but not in the start of you’re script

1 Like

I got it to work I had @OVERLAY and not @overlay

1 Like

:ok_hand:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.