PITCH: Stories with NO Romance

I like superheroes too. Want to check out my new zodiac superhero story idea?

Sure :wink:

2 Likes

Awesome. Type in new zodiac superhero story in the search bar. Also, you might find a character based on your zodiac sign. I’m going to self publish it.

1 Like

I love superheroes. What’s the story called?

1 Like

Oh, I’m not publishing it on episode, I want to publish on my own terms, kind of like a comic, and it’s 3 separate series (I’ve had the idea for the first one when i was 8, the other one when I was 11, and the other one when I was 14) so I’ve had a lot of time to advance it and one day, I want to see it come alive, but who knows, it’s all up to God (I need to put in the work though) so I’m excited for that :heart_eyes: :wink:

1 Like

Same here with my zodiac superhero story. I just want to know what the plot is. Mine’s kinda like Avengers/Justice League.

1 Like

Though I do enjoy reading a well-written romance story, I feel like I would die in the process of writing a story that focuses exclusively on that. I.JUST.CAN’T. Romantic subplots? Now that’s a different story, I live for those romantic subplots haha

I doubt that I’m the only person who gets a new story idea every time a contest is announced. Because I know I don’t have a lot of free time, I normally write down the pitch (maybe create a few characters) and then move on with my life. However, I’m having the hardest time fighting back the urge to write the story I thought about for the Clue contest. Something about this story just speaks to my soul lol Realistically, I doubt that between work and the next Lie to Me update I’ll have time to write it, but maybe, just maybe, I’ll get to it one day:

TITLE: What The Tide Brings In

Pitch

“Be careful,” she said. “On San Juan, the river always takes a life.” During the Festival of San Juan, a search party went looking for three potential drowning victims. When they came back, the town was shocked to see three healthy rescuees come back with the crew. Why? Because those weren’t the three people who went missing earlier that day, those rescuees drowned years ago during a previous Festival of San Juan.

This story would take place in a fictional town in the Peruvian jungle. IRL, “La Fiesta de San Juan” is one of the biggest celebrations in the Peruvian jungle! It takes place every year on June 24th. On the same day, many cultures around the world also have their own celebrations for the Day of John the Baptist.

4 Likes

Omg, do it!!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Maybe you can turn it into a book after the contest.

I read Nancy Drew as a kid. You should self publish it and give the character a unisex name like Alex.

I had an idea for the Clue contest coming up, but I’m already working on a story and I have absolutely no time for this one.

Pitch

Story is set in modern day world and the MC (I was gonna have her be customizable) is a witch still in the broom closet so to speak. She’s a free-lancer and isn’t part of the local coven even though they know of her existence and allow her to practice within their lines. I was gonna have her be around 26 or 27 and she was going to own a local herbal shop. One day on her way to work she stumbles across the body of a girl from the local coven dressed in a white gown and with a crown of flowers on her head. Instead of calling the police, she calls the coven instead and ends up falling into the covens drama and dark secrets. Come to find out, somebody in the coven is a traitor and a killer. They’re killing young girls, one for each of the eight major holidays on the pagan calendar, so they can summon an old power. I actually have the killer figured out as well. During the story, the FMC has to test her powers to the limits and know a lot about her craft. I wanted to pull from real witchcraft and paganism and mixing it with fantasy. I wanted her to struggle with whether or not to be like the coven and come out with her craft or to still keep it hidden from most of the world. And for her to be startled by how many supernatural and mythical creatures actually existed. It’s a learning experience as much for her as it is for the reader. There is more to it, but I feel like I’m babbling at this point. :grimacing: I’m bad at explaining this out loud.

3 Likes

I LOVE IT. Seriously, I love witches. This would be so cool. If not for Clue, then save it for October contest since it will probably fit? The holidays of the pagan calendar is genius :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thank you! :sob: Maybe it might fit, maybe it won’t, I don’t know. But I really liked the idea and I just know that I couldn’t write it. Not with A Bard’s Calling still in the works.

I wanted to make a connection to the Wheel of the Year tarot card as well. I had lots of lovely connections planned. It would give the love of my spirituality and dive into paganism a good outlet and a fun way to explore it more.

3 Likes

bump :smirk_cat:

1 Like

Bump :fist_bump:

1 Like

Bump :yay:

We need more stories that doesn’t have romance.

1 Like

I mean how hard is it to make a story that isn’t romance? :roll_eyes: here’s an idea: friends on a road trip that don’t hook up! Wow! So hard!

3 Likes

Hahahaha :joy:

2 Likes

I’m actually currently writing a story with no romance :grinning: (cause I hate romance lol)

1 Like

That’s awesome! Feel free to share your idea/description here if you’re comfortable with it :v: