PITCH: Stories with NO Romance

Right, that’s it! Get off my thread! :rofl:
Hahaha, but seriously… It sounds interesting :thinking: Maybe it will even suit the next contest theme :smirk:

3 Likes

Fantasy: romance with werewolves
Thriller: romance with serial killers
Horror: romance with ghosts
Action: romance with gang leaders
Drama: romance with gang leaders
Romance: romance with gang leaders
Comedy: Wildcard!
Adventure: pregnant with the romance with gang leaders

8 Likes

Where is the lie, Cee? WHERE IS THE LIE?!

4 Likes

Moved to Share Feedback since this is for story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

I was thinking about all these pitches today when talking to someone unfamiliar with Episode but interested in writing interactive narratives. I was telling him about a story I had written here, and he wanted to play it, and I said, “Well, there’s a pretty sizable barrier in the form of having to play something like a dozen corporate-sponsored stories for horny 13-year-olds before you can get to community content, so I wouldn’t recommend it unless you think that’s something you could weather.”

I know Episode “features what sells to their audience”… but they could expand to a larger audience with more diverse interests if they occasionally put their energy behind some of the cool ideas in this thread instead of barricading people who can’t trudge through “It Started with a Bra”-type fare from even accessing the app.

6 Likes

Omg YESSSSS. I have been trying to make this argument for too long. People are going to read the episode official stories regardless of whether they keep or their cliche tropes or add in something original, because they force new readers to lol

3 Likes

I was planning on doing a new zodiac superhero story. What do you think?

1 Like

Interesting. I like that idea.

1 Like

Sounds interesting. What have you planned so far?

2 Likes

I have the characters on my first topic. Come check it out.

1 Like

Just came up with an idea. Honestly it just came to me. I’ll edit this post, as more come to me😂.

I’m thinking of writing a short story.
Genre (Action)
Honestly, never in my life have I ever pictured me writing an action story. Do I want to make a bad ass mc shooting up people? Yes I do.

I just wanted to add my two cents :sweat_smile:

don’t mind me lol

1 Like

Action without romance = :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

This story won’t have time for romance :joy:.
Plus who wants romance when we can shoot stuff? :smirk:

1 Like

I smell a mini game… I think? Would there be time for shooting mini games since you’re opting out of romance?

1 Like

I have a whole bunch of shooting range backgrounds and overlays… I think I can add that in :thinking:

1 Like

:exploding_head:

2 Likes

Apparently, I can’t read the post properly and saw this was an IDEA thread :poop:

While I’m not really useful with ideas, I will say that one of my favorite tropes to include is teasing the reader by hinting at certain characters’ relationships, before finally showing they’re just really, really close friends.

God forbid that two heteros of the opposite sex (or any two LGBTQ members) can’t have a normal, loving, but ultimately platonic relationship in a story :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Bahahaha

Evil, I love it

3 Likes

Thank you :smirk:

2 Likes
5 Likes