Religious quotes

hey people. I am working on a story. not for episode but a real book I am working on. it kinda has to do with religion. and I wanna start every chapter with religious quotes. I did first just wanna use from the bible but thought it would be cool to add from many different religions. unfortunate I dont know that many. and well thought here is so many different people and they may know some. if you do please tell me some you like. from any religion. but please tell me which it is

4 Likes

@ana_banana

1 Like

When you say quotes, do you mean actual verses from the holy books?

1 Like

yes

2 Likes

Well I’m Christian so here’s a few of my favorite:

But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love - 1 Corinthians 13:13

Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins - 1 Peter 4:8

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus - Galatians 3:28

4 Likes

Thanks for tagging me :slight_smile: :sparkling_heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
I’m muslim and these are my favourites quotes or verses.

Or do ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? they encountered suffering and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried: “When (will come) the help of Allah.” Ah! Verily, the help of Allah is (always) near! -Surah Al-Baqara, 214-

"Fear not. Indeed, I am with you both; I hear and I see. " 20:46

"For indeed with hardship will be ease. " 94:5

“And your Lord says : Call upon Me , I will respond to you” 40:60

4 Likes

You could search in pinterest for inspiration or in related books -dk if this helps

1 Like

yeah that is mostly just the bible there shows up.

You’ve read Al-Baqara already? You must be older than me.

1 Like

Maybe … I don’t know. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Memorized or no?

1 Like

Do not be afraid of sudden terror, nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes; for the Lord will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from being caught. (‭Proverbs‬ ‭3‬:‭25-26‬)

no I didn’t memorise just read it …

1 Like

Ah.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.