Some of these Episode Stories are so messed up

for example one story that’s actually top trending right now is so messed up. There’s a scene when the vampire brother flat out tries to rape the mc and it’s treated like it’s no big deal and the next thing you know she’s friends with him later on. Wtf? Also they suck her blood against her freaking will and that’s sexualized and supposed to be hot or something. What is wrong with some of these stories?

7 Likes

Yikes. That’s why I don’t read anything from the trending section anymore. Of course there are some great stories there as well, but I don’t get why people decide to switch to some crap like this after reading The New Girl by Saige Mercer for example. What is wrong with the readers?!

6 Likes

The trending sections are always full of clichés and craps tho :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

That’s not okay and I hate how people sexualise things like that and therefore make young, impressionable readers think it’s okay.

Rape is disgusting and will never be okay. These authors need to grow up.

6 Likes

God i read that too it really is messed up and i hate most of the guys in the story i tried avoding every guy in that except that anathony guy bc him n mc played games but overall​:x::x::x:

1 Like

Double yikes

What’s the title? I want to make sure that I don’t read it. And any other stories title that I shouldn’t read.

They should have a warning at the bloody start of the story. What is the name of the story?

Living with the Vampire Brothers?
I haven’t read it, but it’s been number 1 trending for a couple days I think and it seems to have come from nowhere. If it’s that bad, it’ll likely only be a matter of time before Episode reviews it…

The trending section is a scary place :joy:. Don’t get me wrong, there are some great stories in there, but there are also some that I’ve read and been like “how can people read this?”

2 Likes

They do put a warning how it’s really mature but it’s really terrible how they portray rape and just makes it seem it’s a joke with that kind of warning

I absolutely hate stories like this! Rape is so wrong and so are brothels.

2 Likes

My question is why portray it like that in the first place

I know! Im not trying to defend what they did, im just stating that they did do a warning but what they did overall is completely wrong w/ or w/out wanring

2 Likes

I have no idea man. I guess you also have to assume that they’re probably a child and dont know any better (and again, im not defending what they did was okay) it would be better if someone told them that it’s so wrong to do that and hope to god they change it, but idk how Episode works since i’m new here

It genuinely angers me. Don’t get me wrong, I loved Chain reaction because it was gritty but it didn’t glorify anything

living with the vampire brothers :nauseated_face:

ikr how am I supposed to find it hot that these creeps suck the mc’s blood against her will like she’s some kind of toy. Like what the hell?

Tbh i was starting to get upset on how distressed the mc was, but then i got mad when they wouldn’t give me the choice to run the fuck away
The guys are such horny dogs i hate it so much and i hate how the author just lets the guys have their way w/her n im like BRUH :hocho::gun:

2 Likes

I just read the first two episodes (it was a struggle) and felt extremely uncomfortable reading it.

3 Likes

I agree with you on this one, it’s sad that there are so many talented, unknown authors out there that feel discouraged because they don’t get enough credit for their talent. So many people out there work so hard but they don’t get much of a chance in the spotlight.
But I guess episode is sort of improving this issue, I’ve definitely noticed a change with SOME of the stories they’ve been selecting so far, some of them actually belong to new unknown writers, which is amazing. Hopefully that’ll keep happening. I’ve got my fingers crossed for everyone to get a chance. :grin:

5 Likes