Stories we're sick and tired of seeing in the trending and featured section

I guess, in a way, you’re right. I’m debating whether to include romance in my thriller story, or not.

I dislike the fact that there are girls that wear skimpy attires to high school and how that is considered appropriate for school attire. The thing I do not like about the mc is that she’s always a nerd or an outcast of some sort and when a hot bad guy shows up she gets the attention she deserves.
Bad boys way to get a girls attention checklist

• bump into one and calls her a stupid bitch
  • getting her paired up with a bad boy for a project that they did not complete for 12 months and it’s overdue and get detention.
  • plan a bet with your buds and stud friends (use her for revenge against your ex girlfriend for cheating)
  • poison and manipulate her with sweet words
  • bad boy falls for her because she is “different” (lol like you love girls that you would use as a stress reliever you asshole)
  • admit that you used her for a bet so he could get back with his ex
  • break up with her and treat her like shit.
    (ways to a woman’s heart and fans still ship it)

When she’s in that situation or what not, she should of been the smart one to ignore that type of attention from a man that is way out of her league or a Jack ass. Next minute mean bitch face with curls and lip injections interfere and make the nerds life a living hell because she sees the mc with her man. A lot of bullying is used for this. There are some high school that do not consist of these stereotypes. They are way more different compared to the ones you see in the story.

8 Likes

I really appreciate it when authors leave a choice for their MC to stay single :blush: I think the romance should be optional if the story is of a different genre. It’s very bothersome when I’m not remotely interested in any of the love interests in a story but I’m forced to choose one and tap through all the romantic scenes with them (even worse when it’s a sex scene) (or even worse than that, when the author completely ignores the readers’ choices and decides to make the MC sleep with a character you absolutely despise…).

12 Likes

Hate all of tht(unwanted sex scenes or when u hate both “love” intrests) sometimes i want MC single

5 Likes

Yeah I agree completely my story isn’t a romance but I just added a touch of it because a little romance never hurts. If you end up liking one of the other characters you can end up with them and if you dont like any Im not gonna force you to pick a character you don’t like.:grin:

7 Likes

5 gold stars. I don’t understand why bad boys are so popular. They won’t change for you or anybody. They’re criminals. Now, I don’t care if you have a crush on you little rebel boy. But rebel and bad boy are two different things.
A bad boy is normally abusive,uncaring, and gets into illegal activities.
A rebel is normally someone who is having family issues, someone who breaks rules (not the law, and someone who actually has a heart.
It’s not good advertisement for a relationship. Why wouldn’t you want to be treated like garbage? Wow a leather jacket. SO cool. SO hot.

And I’m disappointed that I have yet to see a bad boy story with a boy that falls in love with him!:joy: I don’t want anymore bad boy stories but come on…we all wanna read a story about the nerdy boy falling in love with the rebel boy.:joy::joy::joy::clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

13 Likes

You think? I’ve only seen Aria in Pretty Little Liars and my main character is italian and her name is Aria.:tired_face::joy:

2 Likes

I completely agree, those stories drive me NUTS. I think it was “Loving Bad” where I KEPT CHOOSING THE NICE GUY but nooooo my dumbass character runs right back to the bad boy. I stopped reading it instantly, stories like that are ultra annoying.

10 Likes

I know right! The good guy was perfect for the mc, I think his name was Caleb but anyway, she kept being obsessed with the bad boy. In the end they ended up together and Caleb was just thrown off to the side. Legit, the worst ending ever.

8 Likes

It was quite a while ago, but there was a time when it seemed like every story had an Aria. The name doesn’t crop up half as much now :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve been on the platform for a long time and didn’t see that many Aria’s :thinking: It’s a pretty name anyway :blush:

4 Likes

This is true in some ways. I m sick and tired of my character just picking the bad boy! Think about Double Trouble! She just choose Brody! I WANTED SOMEONE WHO WOULD TREAT ME GOOD! NOT LIKE A OBJECT!
But could you add some story ideas so instead of us avoiding this very long list and see uncommon story ideas. But this how some people get noticed! So maybe I guess you can use it sometimes but not overdoing it!
Also we should be able to chose the man we love! Its also unrealistic that first guy you ever loved is your soulmate! Yeah it would make some readers mad but I would love it!

5 Likes

I know more than enough has been said about how trite and dull the bad boys cliche in Episode stories is, but what annoys me the most about it is whenever the author tries desperately to justify the guy’s horrible treatment of the heroine with some flimsy, contrived excuse involving a traumatic backstory or ~tragic incident~ (Tangled Love, I’m looking at you). Oh, yeah, boo hoo, you feel guilty about this one thing in the past involving the girl you like, so it’s totally fine to treat her like garbage because it’s actually for her own good to get her to hate you for what you did and blah blah blah. Actual communication? What’s that? :roll_eyes:

The only bright side to the prevalence of the bad boy cliche, really, is that it makes it all the more refreshing when it gets a brutal twist by bringing reality into it. It’s what elevated Fake Love, True Love from passable but bland to much better than most featured stories by far.

8 Likes

Most epis ode stories ate based on bad boys forbidden gang leaders the Mc having a "dark part and it’s boring…other story genres like: Mystery Horror Thriller action adventure comedy get severely abused we never see any stories from this genres in trending stories AT ALL we only see Romance and Drama and it’s so damn boring…
It’s always about:
Mc falling for the bad boy
Mc getting pregnant
Mafia
Mc falling for the gang leader
It’s sooo annoying…
There are other things to write about ya know? The most abused story section is horror we never see it and it hardly gets any reads or attention…it very sad…:cry::cry:

8 Likes

I agree and disagree. People tend to fall into the wanting to be as big as a certain author that has done a certain genre and people fall for writing the trendy stories because they know that people like it. It’s kind of like cheating their story. Some people might not want to write something new because they are scared because it’s not a trendy genre or topic. But people need to realize people LIKE to read real original stories and there are millions of people out there who like to read other genres rather that Romance and Drama. Or that they like the idea of bad boys (which they abused already) but they also put a little of themselves in the story to make it not cliche which I have no problem with because they are many great stories including all of what @Lili27 said because like I said, some people are good at making it non cliche and not like the normal trend. But I would really like to see some more of other genres too. Actually my good friend @Turtle_Cat has a a super hero and villian story so if anybody wants a story other than bad boys then read her strory called, Save Me, Hero!
(If you read this all, your’re the BEST!)

4 Likes

I agree that there are a number of good good stories that include “cliche” themes however when you always see stories and the story description is always similar to other cliche stories and it does get incredibly boring after a while…Example:
Story one
Description:
Mc is starting at a new high school but soon she finds her self wrapped in a scanderlous game with schools bad boy.
Story two
Description
Mc is running away from her dark past what happens when she meets a bad boy gang leader and falls for him?
Are those description not similar?
They are because Mc ends up "falling’’ for the so called Bad boy and it’s annoying sometimes when you find that…
And I’m not saying that stories can’t be similar I’m saying that we should leave the whole bad boy theme behind and try something new…there’s nothing wrong with that?

2 Likes

I never said that. But I agree.

Glad you agree

1 Like

Why is it that in every single damn romance story I read, the love interest’s parents hate the MC? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Aahhaah lol same I wanna know too lol

1 Like