Stories without romance as main focus or very very little romance?

Moved to Promote Your Story since this is for recommendations. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

Hi there :blush:
My story is mostly a mystery thriller with only a little romance. Hope you enjoy it! :heart:

Title: Twisted
Author: Empress
Genre: Mystery/Crime/Romance (a little)
Chapters: 10 (ongoing)
Style: INK
Description:
Was I naive… or guilty? Honest… or a liar? Maybe you can be a better judge of it than me. But listen to this story carefully. It’s quite… Twisted.

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6469597339189248
Cover:
Twisted_Ee_posterThumb_rX3TY7mFPJ

1 Like

My new story has a no romance path, and also the romance scenes are minimal as well.

Story: Adventurous: Time Immune
Genre: Adventure
Summary: When loud-mouth Mikea sets off on a road-trip with YOU, it becomes harder to hide the truth of your origin… oh, and that you are an immortal cyborg.
CC, POC, LGBT, multiple endings
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6566049968685056

1 Like

Just gonna self promo: my story has a no romance option and romance is pretty minimal anyways :slight_smile:

Title: Adventurous: Stasis
Author name: Atreus
Summary: Three strangers bring you back to life from stasis and set out on an adventure to find your three siblings and fulfil your destiny to save the land from the Umbra.
Link

My IG: @atreus.writes

1 Like

I’m going to self-promo my contest story as well. :sweat_smile: Adventurous: Beyond the Shore and Through the Sea has very limited romance, and you can even bypass it if you wish.

Title: Adventurous: Beyond the Shore and Through the Sea
Authors: Cee & Jae
App Description: A giant whirlpool has formed off the coast of Yokohama. When Ren learns it’s a portal, he goes through it and lands in a world of Japanese mythological beings. CC male MC

1 Like

Thank you so much for reading Monday and I’m glad you enjoyed it so far! :kissing_cat::two_hearts:

1 Like

Hey! My story, that I just published, is for the adventurous contest, and thus does not contain (a lot of) romance. Mainly the intro does (one scene), and then you’ll fully get into the adventure. This is my story!

Title: Adventurous: Our Beautiful Chaos
Story link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5639497557016576
Author: Maria
Episodes: 1, 2 and 3 with more coming after the contest
Style: Ink
Features: CC yourself, mini games, choices that matter (!), tappable overlays…
App description: When you embark on the adventure of a lifetime, you did not expect a handsome man to tag along. Facing all kind of challanges, what is going to happen? You decide.
More description lol: You’re a talented girl with a great job, but are stuck in the boring everyday routine. When you suddenly get an offer to go on an adventure, you just can’t say no. And maybe the handsome man tagging along also isn’t that bad? However, if you want to stay on board of this adventure, you have to make the right choices. Will you succeed? Find out!

Story Cover:
Our_Beautiful_Chaos_posterImage_S36OhMcl8s

Sneak peeks have been posted on my instagram, @episodesbymaria ! :heartpulse:
I’d feel honored if you’d decide to read my story. I have put my heart and soul into it, haha.

Love, Maria

1 Like

My story gives the option for having a love interest, but you can opt out of it and make a good friend/rival instead! The main focus is on defeating an VR RPG (virtual reality RPG). I will mention that it has been glitching on some devices (mostly samsungs, but not all) so I’m not sure how it’ll effect you but I’ll drop it here in case you’re interested!

Title --> Adventurous: RPG
Author: Himeji
Style: Limelight
Chapters: 3, ongoing
Features: Full CC for MC, male and female MC available, male or female love interest or rival, choices that matter, 3 combat classes to choose from, advanced directing and overlays, multiple endings, tappable mini-games and fully interactive battles, LGBTQ+, cliches because I love them (sorrynotsorry)
Description: Your bland college experience forces you to test your limits against pain, fear, danger, and… hungry mutated dinosaurs? Guess it’s time to pick up that sword you’ve been holding!
Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5351468946751488

Instagram: @himeji.episode

Cover:

Trailer: Sorry I rushed this one… ack.
Adventurous: RPG Trailer

2 Likes

I agree with you, Due to most romance based stories I just kinda start getting annoyed by that same thing and kinda sucks that great different genre stories gets no fame while same cliche romance stories does but no hate to them as they are good in their ways.

2 Likes

Thank you and I agree with you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Righhttt!

1 Like

Heyyy, Np! It’s an amazing story <3 and surely did enjoyed it,
Thank you.

1 Like

@Himeji, @episodesbymaria, @Cee, @Atreus, @lizzy.writes, @manand61
and all of you who suggested,
Thank you all for suggesting stories and I will give them a read. ^^

4 Likes

Awah ty that’s so sweet I hope you enjoy :sob::heart:

1 Like

I recently published my adventurous contest entry. You pick your love interest’s gender, but there are plenty of choices to not pursue romance at all, so the story can be drama/comedy without the luuurve.

Title: Adventurous: All Aboard

Author: J.J

Episodes: 3
Style: Limelight

Description: When a gift from your Gramps puts you on a train with an unknown destination, it’s up to you to make the most of it.
Sometimes the journey IS the adventure.

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6028902878740480

1 Like

Mine has no romance at all for the MC.

My story: © Tribe of Malapinchi
Author: Jannah Jackson
Genre: Thriller/Mystery/Horror/Fantasy/Adventure
Description: Toss into a land of the sun, magic, lies and dark secrets in Asia. Can you survive, solve the havoc and save everyone before it’s too late? CharacterCustomization
Episodes: 5/6
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5909308359180288

Cover

1 Like

My story has more drama than romance

Title : The Star Necklace

Description: you are the most rich girl in your country in addition you’re famous but what happens when the Star Necklace uncovers your true identity

1 Like
1 Like

Once again, Thank you for your suggestions ^^
I am just thinking why do author like to create a lot of romance stories (no hate just curious)?

1 Like

Personally …I don’t enjoy writing romance thing…I enjoy writing drama more

1 Like